Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 6,670 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have read the threads re intermitent blurred vision in one eye, but niothing re permanent blurred vision.

My left eye, over the past couple of years, has lost clear vision and and has become more and more blurred.

In the past 12 months I have changed my glasses perscription 3 times, but I am told the problem is not to do with the strength of the lenses, but rather a different underlying problem.

The initial diagnosis from a consultant, was the optical herpes version, but this has not proven to be the case as measures taken against this have made no difference.

A few weeks ago when I changed my perscription yet again, which has onlyn helped marginally, I was informed that I have the onset of a catarax forming, but because in my case I would need surgery, it was not likley that this would be perfomed until it got really bad..could be any amount of time apparently.

I am not convinced with this theory either however, as the vision is not likeley to get much worse than it already is.

Whilst my right eye perscription has remained the same for the most part, I am now finding that I can't read normally..this was not the case a year ago and whilst I have now obtained reading glasses which do help, my left eye is virtually unaffected by any strength of lens.

Now I may be being paranoid, but 2 months ago I was diagnosed with a clot in my left lung and whilst I am on the normal medication for this and I am aware that Warfarin can have various effects, I am now getting sharp stabbing pains in my head and discomfort in the centre of my chest.

My concern is that something may be going on in my head which is ultimately effecting my vision.

So, the question is, could this be the case and is it either likeley or unlikeley.

Many Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,322,542 times
Go to your optician or doctor...TODAY.

No one here can advise you on medical conditions.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
One eye permanently blurred.

As I understand it, this type of malady fostered impressionist art.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
One eye permanently blurred.

As I understand it, this type of malady fostered impressionist art.
No that was Abstract art because you cant see what you are painting either unless you do the looking and painting with different eyes!
I remember many years ago seeing a poster for eye donation after death on a opticians wall.
I remember thinking that all the potential donors would also be generating potential customers for the optician...quite smart.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK POPLAWSKI View Post
Hi everyone,

I have read the threads re intermitent blurred vision in one eye, but niothing re permanent blurred vision.

My left eye, over the past couple of years, has lost clear vision and and has become more and more blurred.

In the past 12 months I have changed my glasses perscription 3 times, but I am told the problem is not to do with the strength of the lenses, but rather a different underlying problem.

The initial diagnosis from a consultant, was the optical herpes version, but this has not proven to be the case as measures taken against this have made no difference.

A few weeks ago when I changed my perscription yet again, which has onlyn helped marginally, I was informed that I have the onset of a catarax forming, but because in my case I would need surgery, it was not likley that this would be perfomed until it got really bad..could be any amount of time apparently.

I am not convinced with this theory either however, as the vision is not likeley to get much worse than it already is.

Whilst my right eye perscription has remained the same for the most part, I am now finding that I can't read normally..this was not the case a year ago and whilst I have now obtained reading glasses which do help, my left eye is virtually unaffected by any strength of lens.

Now I may be being paranoid, but 2 months ago I was diagnosed with a clot in my left lung and whilst I am on the normal medication for this and I am aware that Warfarin can have various effects, I am now getting sharp stabbing pains in my head and discomfort in the centre of my chest.

My concern is that something may be going on in my head which is ultimately effecting my vision.

So, the question is, could this be the case and is it either likeley or unlikeley.

Many Thanks
I wouldn't wait around to get a second opinion. Rapid onset of anything to do with vision is pretty likely to be something serious and I would take a nonchalant attitude on the part of my MD as a serious personal offense.

This link may give you some ideas to discuss with your doc.

Richmond Eye Associates, Eye Health and Disorders - Loss of Vision

Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
I agree. I think I would see another doctor pronto. Like Hengist said above, none of us are really qualified to say what's likely or unlikely. Don't play around with your vision or your health.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Have you seen an ophthalmologist? I am experiencing the same kind of blurred vision in my right eye but I have corneal scarring from a bad case of conjunctivitis I contracted last November/December. My cornea is permanently scarred and no amount of lens correction can help this. My ophthalmologist had me on steroid eye drops for 6 months to try and shrink the scarring to no end and will preform laser surgery early next year to resurface the cornea and shave off the scarred layer.

You need to get a second and maybe even third opinion on what's going on with your eyes from ophthalmologists, not just the optometrist.

Hope you find some answers! Blurred vision is a PITA to deal with and can have very serious underlying causes as well.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
When you go to the eye doctor, and they don't find anything wrong with the eyeball itself, ask them if you can get an MRI. Sometimes vision problems are caused by something along the visual pathway past the eye itself.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:12 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
My husband has herpes in one eye (it is the same variant as a cold sore) the damage done is irreversible so treatment would not make it better but further damage can be prevented - but vigilance is needed. YOu need to see an opthalmalogist. Period. His outbreaks are painful.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 PM

192 posts, read 250,251 times
Sure, you should see professionals to find the problem. But if they can't,they also shouldn't be cutting you open. They don't know everything.

Quote:
No one here can advise you on medical conditions.
I disagree. Dr's only know what they're taught by the money/drug-based-thinking med-schools. If they can't find the problem, it's better to use your body's natural ability to heal just about anything.

I had a blurry eye for 15 years. It recently went away, along with tinnitus and digestive upset. What was I doing differently? I recently learned a lot about natural eating and increased my raw food and fruit; and decreased fat and protein.

I also eliminated Wheat, corn, and supplements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness