U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 PM

23,417 posts, read 32,630,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm not here to insult anyone - really I'm not.

Most women don't begin to understand male sexuality - despite it's simplicity. It is profoundly different from female sexuality. Yet they will say they "know how men are" and act like they do in almost every other situation but a doctor's office.

Absolutely no insult was intended. But it is very naive to assume that a male gynecologist isn't thinking the same thoughts that any other man would be thinking in the same setting with an attractive woman. How many he sees every day has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

The biggest lie ever repeatedly told in the history of man is when a male doctor tells an attractive woman that his only interest is her "health".
Honey, if you think that a male ob/gyn is thinking about sex when he is looking at the 100th vagina of the week, then you have never talked to one. Sex is the furthest thing from their mind.
As I said, this was dinner table conversation from the time I was a toddler, right up to present-day.
Its astounding how people project their own thoughts onto others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM

8,778 posts, read 17,196,674 times
Quote:
But it is very naive to assume that a male gynecologist isn't thinking the same thoughts that any other man would be thinking in the same setting with an attractive woman.
It's also very naive to assume that they're all heterosexual. Think about that one the next time you have a prostate exam.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM

44,246 posts, read 54,850,589 times
Quote:
But it is very naive to assume that a male gynecologist isn't thinking the same thoughts that any other man would be thinking in the same setting with an attractive woman.
"Aw, darn, how do I get out of spending any more time here"?

Old 08-04-2010, 02:57 AM

3,627 posts, read 13,140,741 times
Kind of like watching a movie and you can't put down the popcorn.

Yep - it sure seems that these ubermodest folks are overlaying their own hangups.....

Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 AM

523 posts, read 3,508,397 times
ok, ok...in the face of such rock solid reasoning, i have no choice left but to crumble...and confess!

forget the hippocratic oath, forget my professionalism, forget my own moral code and principles, forget the entirely non-sexual clinical setting, forget all of my years of training and practice, forget my focus on trying to help the patient, and the intellectual challenge of diagnosis, when im faced with my 40th speculum examination of the week, and its yet another case of candidiasis, i cannot help if i get a little stirring in the pants. and god help me if i happen across any kind of cervical growth, that really gets me going! these days, i find i really only need to catch the faintest whiff of bacterial vaginosis to feel my blood start pumping that little bit harder than before.

i am just a simple man, after all, and the sight of uncovered female flesh, even when diseased, just drives me into a frenzy.

aaaaah, i feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Last edited by kronenborg; 08-04-2010 at 06:32 AM..

Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 AM

10,664 posts, read 8,183,416 times
As a woman, I'd rather have a good male doctor than a lame female doctor... He's only doing his job, so as long as he does it properly, it's fine by me!
And sometimes you don't have a choice.... If you are taken to the ER for instance, and there is no same sex doc available... Personally, all I want is to be taken care of and helped!

Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 AM

9,502 posts, read 6,652,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Honey, if you think that a male ob/gyn is thinking about sex when he is looking at the 100th vagina of the week, then you have never talked to one. Sex is the furthest thing from their mind.
As I said, this was dinner table conversation from the time I was a toddler, right up to present-day.
Its astounding how people project their own thoughts onto others.
Yes, it is, isn't it?

You're not a man, "honey". You'll never get it - especially if you refuse to listen and refuse to think about the reason there have been separate rest rooms and showers for men and women, female police officers to handle and pat-down female suspects, etc., etc., etc. throughout our civilized history. Oh - and one more thing - men lie to women about all things sexual. Shocking, but true. Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble.

Most women throw all common sense and everything they've learned to the four winds when they enter a "medical" setting and this is a phenomenon that has baffled me for decades. The fact that you are so easily and completely controlled and manipulated by the medical industry flows directly to the crisis in "health care" we have been struggling with in recent years.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 AM

3,627 posts, read 13,140,741 times
oh my....tell me its a full moon......lol

Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is, isn't it?

You're not a man, "honey". You'll never get it - especially if you refuse to listen and refuse to think about the reason there have been separate rest rooms and showers for men and women, female police officers to handle and pat-down female suspects, etc., etc., etc. throughout our civilized history. Oh - and one more thing - men lie to women about all things sexual. Shocking, but true. Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble.

Most women throw all common sense and everything they've learned to the four winds when they enter a "medical" setting and this is a phenomenon that has baffled me for decades. The fact that you are so easily and completely controlled and manipulated by the medical industry flows directly to the crisis in "health care" we have been struggling with in recent years.
All I can conclude by your post is that you are severely deluded......bless your little heart!
And fyi....the medical crisis of which you speak has been caused by for profit medical companies, insurance companies, and lobbyists for the aforementioned parties.
But I wouldnt know anything about that, because I am not cabable of having an intelligent thought in my pretty little head, according to your sexist post.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
oh my....tell me its a full moon......lol
Its gotta be that, or maybe the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness