U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM

23,417 posts, read 32,656,359 times

Advertisements

Hmmmmmmm....... I think Elvis has left the building, what do y'all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM

3,627 posts, read 13,149,077 times
No, you know how men are. All this sex talk probably has him in the bathroom with a magazine.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
No, you know how men are. All this sex talk probably has him in the bathroom with a magazine.
Grannynancy, you are bringing out the bad in me today.....remember where Elvis passed?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM

OMG I completely forgot!

eeeeeeek

Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
omg i completely forgot!

Eeeeeeek
lotflmfoa!!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d

Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 PM

14,628 posts, read 18,570,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Let's see what wise words of wisdom crownvic or modest woman can offer you (crownvic seems to have taken over this thread... what happened to MW? Are they still keeping up?)

More "serious" note: agree to some extent about the unnecessary medical care demanded by patients--some of it does seem to be BS (or stuff that could be taken care of without the need for medicine). That seems to be an over-generalization with the men staying away from healthcare. Women do seek out healthcare more often than men, but we're not talking 90% to 10% here, more like 60/40 (from what I remember from the reading the stats a couple years ago), and I could be off a bit there too.

Off to work! Can't wait to read up more here when I get back (hope it's not closed by then!!)
Women on the whole clearly get more health care (at least in terms of dollars) than men (you can see that in health insurance premiums). I don't know what percentage of the health care is necessary (our female plumbing seems more prone to breaking down than men's plumbing) - or possibly unnecessary (I don't think I've ever met a guy who was diagnosed with fibromyalgia). But we do get more.

OTOH - women clearly receive less intensive care in some very important areas - like cardiac care - and they frequently are blown off as having psychological problems when they have complaints that suggest physical problems. Perhaps this is because younger women tend to have ob/gyns as their primary care docs - as opposed to board certified family docs or internists. Don't know.

I have a question. Does any woman here ever recall having a physical examination or any medical thing that involves touching done by a male medical professional when a woman (another doctor - a nurse - whatever) wasn't present? I can't remember a single one - including trips to the dentist. Also - all of the tests I've had at Mayo - everything from chest X-rays to mammograms to EKGs have been done by women (except for drawing blood - I've had a guy do that). Wonder if the men get men to do these tests? Perhaps this is a question of defensive medicine in terms of avoiding sexual harassment cases. Robyn

Old 08-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Robyn, I have only faced this once (and I struggled to remember because typically a woman is always present)

When I had a cardiac cath, a male did the prep and a male did the cath. I don't recall a woman being in the room but then I had been given some drug to relax me, I think valium, so who knows. I do remember that my pubic area was covered as best they could. The main thing I remember about that was how skinny the table was and talking to the fellow doing it. But nothing about it made me feel violated or uncomfortable.

I am sure the concerns about allegations of sexual misconduct run very high as they can ruin a career and a marraige and are probably why this is done that way (woman present). I know my husband has had EKGs with only women present.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:50 PM

14,874 posts, read 38,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think I would just about die laughing if you really did this.

Put a little heart tattoo on your other boob, red lipstick...false eyelashes...just a little too much perfume...and then suck on a lollipop...be sure to flip your tousled hair provocatively from time to time.

Let's see...was there a cliche I missed...?
My hooker stiletto shoes Wear those and don't take them off even after completely disrobed and throw my legs up into the stirrups with the hooker shoes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
She could shave her 'intimate' area in the shape of a winking eye...

I know, I know, she's there for a boobie exam. But who knows when an epidemic of non-consensual pelvic exams might break out?!!!

A woman must always be ready.
Um, what if there is nothing to shave a shape into ~~~blushing~~~ I like things highly landscaped

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
As my brilliant, funny father said........"When there is no intellect to appeal to, run them outta the room with razor-sharp humor. They still wont get it, but it makes them MIGHTY uncomfortable."
I like your father

Old 08-04-2010, 03:51 PM

14,874 posts, read 38,090,641 times

I feel so violated.

I did not even have to disrobe, take off my shirt, bra or ANYTHING! I was able to pull my shirt to the side a bit and he could snip the stitches out. He didn't see ANY of my boobie. Yet he had to TOUCH ME!!! HE TOUCHED MY BODY!!!! WAHHHHHH

Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

I feel so violated.

I did not even have to disrobe, take off my shirt, bra or ANYTHING! I was able to pull my shirt to the side a bit and he could snip the stitches out. He didn't see ANY of my boobie. Yet he had to TOUCH ME!!! HE TOUCHED MY BODY!!!! WAHHHHHH
Sex with your husband will NEVER be the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness