U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 12:12 PM

14,874 posts, read 38,052,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
BTW, did you know in Saudi Arabia, only MEN can fit bra at Victorias Secret, so that blows your theory right out of the water.
Women In Saudi Arabia Are Tired Of Buying Bras From Men | The Frisky
Oh, and last but not least, who would even buy a bra from Belks, ewwwwww!

So so the women that get fitted by men and buy their bras from men have to get stoned by their fathers, brothers, husbands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM

23,417 posts, read 32,608,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

So so the women that get fitted by men and buy their bras from men have to get stoned by their fathers, brothers, husbands?
Nope, they get a free pass, its against the law for a woman to be a bra fitter. Go figure!
I thought it was a fitting (pardon the pun) analogy for the ridiculousness posted by the OP.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM

14,628 posts, read 18,538,734 times
Actually I've come to the conclusion that the only reason we think the OP is odd is because she's not a Muslim. These issues appear to be par for the course in dealing with Muslims:

Muslim woman demands female attendant for emergency-room EKG

Male Doctors - Female Patients Haram? - Islamic Medicine Forum

Even when it comes to female Muslim doctors:

Female Muslim doctors allowed to wear disposable sleeves for modesty: official guidance - Telegraph

Old 08-03-2010, 02:32 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,901,167 times
Folks, remember it is against the TOS to call someone a troll or to say they need psychiatric treatment. Please limit yourselves to the topic, not the OP's mental or internet status.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM

31,479 posts, read 34,724,474 times
The problem here is placing anything sexual, not just the act itself but every body part involved, on a "sacred" pedistal. In my experience this is usually done by people who are not close to having a sexual relationship yet, either because they are very young or becasue they suffer from sexual hangups and want to postpone what they think is the inevitable. Sex may be specail, but it's not even CLOSE to be sacred.

There is nothing wrong with being modest, I alway wear a something over the hopital gown myself, but when it comes to actually having your body worked on you need to either trust the medical professionals you have or not. If not, then just stay home and hope whatever it is gets better on it's own.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 PM

8,517 posts, read 4,054,193 times
Healthcare professionals are just that--PROFESSIONALS. Anatomy is anatomy, and as professionals are far more concerned about your well-being.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:02 PM

4,551 posts, read 10,465,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest Woman View Post
I don't see anything wrong with male pharmacists filling out prescriptions such as yeast infection medicines for female patients. Women never have to disrobe for a pharmacist in order to get a prescription. That's totally different from male ob/gyn who gets to see and examine private parts of women who he is not married to.

Let me ask you a question. Since you think it is okay for men to be gynecologists, what do you think about men who want to become bra fitters at Belk's? Belk's will only hire females to be bra fitters. I encourage men in this discussion who don't see anything wrong with male gynecologists to call Belk's and see if they can apply to be bra fitters. They would think that men who wanted to be bra fitters are perverted. Male gynecologists are not morally above other men. If it is okay for a man to be a gynecologist, why is it not okay for a man to be a bra fitter at Belk's or another clothing store?

If you do a deep research on Google, you will find out that many male doctors have gotten aroused by doing gynecological exams on women. One doctor felt so convicted that he gave up doing gynecological exams and he said tha his wife only goes to a female ob/gyn. There are doctors and nurses out there who do understand my convictions clearly.
Not true actually I have had a female customer show the MALE pharmacist her breasts when she was showing me her rash under her breasts. It is to bad we didn't have breast covers to offer her! I guess we need Modest women to decide what would be appropriate in each situation

Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,039,954 times
Modest Woman, I don't share your beliefs, but I respect them. Everyone should have the right to make choices about the care they receive, or to refuse it altogether. Because of your strong and non-mainstream preferences, you would be wise to check out the physicians, hospitals, medical facilities, etc. in your area, and be sure your family knows your preferences - put them in writing in an advanced directive, in case of an emergency situation.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:26 PM

14,628 posts, read 18,538,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The problem here is placing anything sexual, not just the act itself but every body part involved, on a "sacred" pedistal. In my experience this is usually done by people who are not close to having a sexual relationship yet, either because they are very young or becasue they suffer from sexual hangups and want to postpone what they think is the inevitable. Sex may be specail, but it's not even CLOSE to be sacred.

There is nothing wrong with being modest, I alway wear a something over the hopital gown myself, but when it comes to actually having your body worked on you need to either trust the medical professionals you have or not. If not, then just stay home and hope whatever it is gets better on it's own.
What do you wear over a hospital gown? I'm not a very experienced hospital patient (only twice in 62 years) - but during my last stay a few weeks ago - I brought a robe with me - but didn't have the slightest idea how to put it on considering the IV in my hand - the Foley - the "bellows" on my legs - all the tubes - pumps - etc. Luckily - the room wasn't cold (common problem with A/C in Florida in the summer) - and I was very comfortable during my stay. Robyn

Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM

3,627 posts, read 13,136,880 times
Since I am more like a caged animal at the hospital and seemed to need to roam the halls, they would give me a 2nd gown to wear backwards so I had "full coverage" but could still mange the wires and what not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness