Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 10:31 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times

Advertisements

I am glad somebody pointed out how inept I was all those years. Stange I did not pick up on all the sexual energy while the doctor was shoving a plastic speculum up me and taking the cervical cancer sample. Honest, I really didn't. It - just seemed - so - clinical.

And I now realize that they made me loopy during the c-sections (after the baby was out) so they could all do all kinds of bizarre and horrid things without me knowing. I naively just thought it was an act of kindness like how they normally sedate you during surgery and because I actually COULD feel pain since they were done with an epidural. (Dull pain, not bad but you could feel it)

And OMG the routine colonoscopies - God you gotta know that looking at my a-hole is REAL turn on - especially since they pump you full of air on top of it.

---

I will say that urinary catheter insertion is one area where I have (in my own experience) actually seen men do it for the men and women for the women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
All I can conclude by your post is that you are severely deluded......bless your little heart!
And fyi....the medical crisis of which you speak has been caused by for profit medical companies, insurance companies, and lobbyists for the aforementioned parties.
But I wouldnt know anything about that, because I am not cabable of having an intelligent thought in my pretty little head, according to your sexist post.
I'm not sexist - I'm just an honest man who tells it like it is. I think the world of women, but I've also learned over many years that we are profoundly different sexually in both body and mind. Men and women never have and never will truly understand each other in that respect.

You are absolutely right about this
Quote:
has been caused by for profit medical companies, insurance companies, and lobbyists for the aforementioned parties
but they could not succeed but for women playing right into their hands. It is common knowledge that men generally avoid doctors like the plague, whereas women are (generally) obsessed with "health care" and are the vast majority of the demand for it - much of it being completely unnecessary. Without the obsessive and excessive demand placed on the system by women, those shysters would have to go find a real job.

I really do care about women - and it really disturbs me greatly to see them taken advantage of as they are by the medical system that they continue to be controlled by and sing the praises of.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
oh my....tell me its a full moon......lol
I know, right.

This train tried to jump the tracks earlier but it has finally succeded and has gone completely off the cliff into the crazy canyon.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Deleted - It IS a train wreck - (getting popcorn, shutting up)

Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Deleted - It IS a train wreck - (getting popcorn, shutting up)
Pass some this way. I'll go grab the cokes.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM

OH CRAP!!!! What do I do? I've got a doctors appointment later on this afternoon w/ the surgeon that removed the mass in my breast. It is my post op appt. and getting the stitches out. Should I not go as he is a male? Should I let his nurse do it instead of the trained doctor? Shoud I just take them out myself so that I don't risk the doctor getting excited seeing my naked breast w/ a 4" incision full of stitches? What to do, what to do.......

Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,496 times
this thread is both hilarious and troubling at the same time. grannynancy, your comment about colonoscopies had me laughing out loud...if for no other reason than for the fact that anyone who has either performed or received a colonoscopy will know how diametrically opposed to being erotic this procedure is - what a sexy soundtrack!

there are so many false generalisations and statements being made about male sexuality, doctors, healthcare and the like that would individually be so very easy to tear to pieces, but frankly it just isn't worth the effort.

however i would like to point out two things: first, please rest assured that CrownVic's views do not represent those of men collectively (which i do hope it apparent to anyone with concerns about "modesty in medical settings'), and secondly, i think we can all rest a little easier knowing that either he chose not to, or could not, become a doctor.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OH CRAP!!!! What do I do? I've got a doctors appointment later on this afternoon w/ the surgeon that removed the mass in my breast. It is my post op appt. and getting the stitches out. Should I not go as he is a male? Should I let his nurse do it instead of the trained doctor? Shoud I just take them out myself so that I don't risk the doctor getting excited seeing my naked breast w/ a 4" incision full of stitches? What to do, what to do.......
Calm down, take a knife, talk about how the Lorena Bobbit is your hero and watch his pants for bulges. Its awful dangerous out there lady. In the other hand you should have some mace - can't ever be too careful.

But then again, are you being a hypochondriac, surely that was not a necessary medial procedure and removing stiches is way overrated.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
this thread is both hilarious and troubling at the same time. grannynancy, your comment about colonoscopies had me laughing out loud...if for no other reason than for the fact that anyone who has either performed or received a colonoscopy will know how diametrically opposed to being erotic this procedure is - what a sexy soundtrack!

there are so many false generalisations and statements being made about male sexuality, doctors, healthcare and the like that would individually be so very easy to tear to pieces, but frankly it just isn't worth the effort.

however i would like to point out two things: first, please rest assured that CrownVic's views do not represent those of men collectively (which i do hope it apparent to anyone with concerns about "modesty in medical settings'), and secondly, i think we can all rest a little easier knowing that either he chose not to, or could not, become a doctor.
Colonscopy, my husband had one a few months ago. He is perfectly fine. They found out he is still just an a s s . LOL!!! A male doctor did perform it but there were female nurses there. I'm sure they got all bothered while doing the colonoscopy on my husband and all. I won't say much more but......

THANK GOD that neither of these are in the medical field. THAT would be scary.

Quote:
Calm down, take a knife, talk about how the Lorena Bobbit is your hero and watch his pants for bulges. Its awful dangerous out there lady. In the other hand you should have some mace - can't ever be to careful.

But then again, are you being a hypochondriac, surely that was not a necessary medial procedure and removing stiches is way overrated.
Deep breathing........ whew. Maybe I'll have my 11 year old daughter take them out. I don't want to risk ruining my marriage by having a male doctor remove the stitches.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Let's see what wise words of wisdom crownvic or modest woman can offer you (crownvic seems to have taken over this thread... what happened to MW? Are they still keeping up?)

More "serious" note: agree to some extent about the unnecessary medical care demanded by patients--some of it does seem to be BS (or stuff that could be taken care of without the need for medicine). That seems to be an over-generalization with the men staying away from healthcare. Women do seek out healthcare more often than men, but we're not talking 90% to 10% here, more like 60/40 (from what I remember from the reading the stats a couple years ago), and I could be off a bit there too.

Off to work! Can't wait to read up more here when I get back (hope it's not closed by then!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness