U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,271,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Well, maybe I am a rare person, but my experience with 2 roots canals on my back lower molars was extremely painful. I do not numb well due to anxiety, even while taking medication for it.

If you have a hot nerve going on, it is very painful. They had to shoot pain killers directly into that hot nerve. I think screaming and crying in pain is considered painful.

I wish I was one of those that could claim it was only uncomfortable. But I can not.

My bother said the back is the hardest place to numb. Also if you have deep roots like me, it's kind of a double whammy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 PM

2,222 posts, read 9,726,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Thats the problem, the pain moves around. I cant say which tooth it is. I can eat fine, no tooth hurts when I eat. Today for example the front lower teeth bother me. it's madness
That's why I mentioned sinus problems to you. You could have a sinus infection. You may want to rule that out with your doctor first. Just a suggestion.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,271,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
That's why I mentioned sinus problems to you. You could have a sinus infection. You may want to rule that out with your doctor first. Just a suggestion.
wouldn't I have a runny or stuffed up nose? I never had a sinus infection in my life so I have no idea what it's lik to have one.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:44 PM

2,222 posts, read 9,726,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
wouldn't I have a runny or stuffed up nose? I never had a sinus infection in my life so I have no idea what it's lik to have one.
Not necessarily. Why don't you Google sinus infection symptoms. Some people will get the post nasal drip and others don't. But upper/lower teeth pain can be a symptom.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM

13,253 posts, read 37,875,107 times
Could also be a sensitive sinus, or a sinus cavity particularly close to the gum. I have that - was a real pain when they had to do the bone grafting to do an implant. If you think a root canal is difficult..

As for sedation, you probably don't need sedation with your root canal. It's not a "typical" thing to get, unless as I said you have a phobia. Nitrous is gas, and it wears off as soon as they take the mask off your nose. The first 30 seconds or so makes you feel all WOO WOO! and after that the only time you even realize you're being gassed, is because you might have an itch under the mask and need someone to scratch it for you. Which - you'd forget about within seconds anyway, because, it's nitrous. Laughing gas. Great stuff, hard to believe it wasn't invented by a dentist.

Your sinuses aren't exclusively in your nose. They start near your throat, slither around your mouth, behind your gums, up into the nose, spread out along your cheeks, then behind your eyeballs, snake sideways by your ears, then up around your head. Any part of them can be infected, or swollen, or blocked, or just plain old sensitive, at any time, for almost any reason, and sometimes for no logical reason at all.

There's one part of your sinus that's just above your canine (the tooth sometimes referred to as a fang if it grows longer than the others in the front of your mouth). It's WAY up your gum, right near where the gum meets the upper lip on the inside, smack dab in front of the bottom of your nostril. If you can feel a tiny little pinhead of a ridge or bump there, that's the sinus. You might not be able to feel it, or you might not. I'll tell ya though. If that puppy's infected, you won't know what hit you. You'll THINK your mouth is bleeding. You'll THINK it's not just bleeding, but it's sliced up to smithereens and someone just poured whisky on it. And it won't be bleeding at all. But you'll feel the pain in your eyeballs, that's how bad it can get.

Do yourself a favor. Find an endo guy who can tell you what's going on, and treat whatever it is, right away. If you really do need a root canal, trust me, it'll be the least traumatic of fixes. And make sure you get the nitrous. It makes root canals an adventure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness