U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM

55 posts, read 240,628 times

Advertisements

I worked with a person who stunk BAD, and we always asked each other how should we deal with him.So one morning before he got there I put a can of arrid deodarent on his desk, when he got there he asked me"what the hell is this for" I said to him its for you, use it now because we cant breath when your around us.He sprayed his armpits but he needed to shower also. It helped for awhile then he started to stink again, thats when hr stepped in and told him to shower EVERY nite and trim your nasty looking beard. He lasted 2 months and then quit.
And after he left the smell was gone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM

15,875 posts, read 32,948,757 times
Do his clothes look clean? Some single guys have a bad habit of not doing their laundry. I worked with a guy once that would wear the same sweaty clothes to work for several days in a row, and he stunk.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:19 PM

35,107 posts, read 42,186,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
If he really smells like s**t, it could be because he either doesn't change his underwear, or simply doesn't wipe himself. We're going through this now with our ds 13, he doesn't wipe, and doesn't care, and he does stink. He says "it my body". Yes, but he's losing every friend he ever had. That's another issue, but some people simply don't attend to their hygiene and think its their right to stink, if others don't like it, that;s their problem. That's my ds attitude.

But if its affecting the workplace, you have every right to ask it be adjusted. I just thought, since you might be hesitant to approach management, we never know what cart we're upsetting, is there an annonymous way to do so, perhaps a "suggestion box" or some annonymous way to let management know so-and-so stinks?
If I had a 13 year old who did not wipe he would be given 2 choices so shower immediately and wash everywhere and start wiping properly OR I will do it for him. He is being lazy and there is no excuse for not using proper hygiene. There is no way on this planet I would allow him to sit on anything in my home either. He would stand when eating, drinking, playing video games, watching television etc. I might be tempted to give him a sleeping bag and pillow to sleep on the floor as well and take everything out of his room. No bed, pillows, sheets, chair, desk, etc. He can live as he chooses AFTER he is grown and pays for everything. Until then he follows my rules whether he likes it or not and proper hygiene is one of those rules.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM

10,139 posts, read 23,965,914 times
Go to the doctor, tell him you are getting nausea and headaches from the smell of the dirtball at work and have him write you a medical recommendation to not be in contact with dirtball. Then ask the HR department for accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 AM

55,056 posts, read 43,905,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
If he really smells like s**t, it could be because he either doesn't change his underwear, or simply doesn't wipe himself. We're going through this now with our ds 13, he doesn't wipe, and doesn't care, and he does stink. He says "it my body". Yes, but he's losing every friend he ever had. That's another issue, but some people simply don't attend to their hygiene and think its their right to stink, if others don't like it, that;s their problem. That's my ds attitude.

But if its affecting the workplace, you have every right to ask it be adjusted. I just thought, since you might be hesitant to approach management, we never know what cart we're upsetting, is there an annonymous way to do so, perhaps a "suggestion box" or some annonymous way to let management know so-and-so stinks?
Go watch the "make love not warcraft" episode of Southpark, season 10 or so. Cartman was so busy playing his game that he had his mom come down with a bucket to poo in so he wouldn't have to stop playing.

P.S. Take ALL electronics away from your son and he will suddenly care.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,843 times
Default But what about someone you don't work with?

I have a friend who smells like rotten taco meat. He smells so sour that when he gets in my car I have to open the windows. I have no management that can talk to him for me. How would you handle this in a personal situation?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 AM

35,107 posts, read 42,186,800 times
Don't allow them in your vehicle? None of my friends go without proper hygiene so I am really at a loss as to handle this. Obviously if someone is outside working and sweating they are going to smell but that is taken care of as soon as the work is done and they go and shower and put on clean clothes. I know after I mow I don't smell like Lilacs either and the first thing I do when I get done is shower.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 16,558,294 times
We've given him wipes, he doesn't use them. Also, he doesn't flush the toilet.

Until recently---a few weeks ago, dh got tired of the "gift packages" he was leaving. so, he scooped out the mess in a busket and left it in ds room, along with a note, you forgot something, next time it will be "in your face"

You know what? A miracle---his ADHD is cured! Suddenly, ds remembers to flush---every time! Perhaps I should publish that in the Journal of medicine? A breakthrough!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 AM

65 posts, read 199,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieWaters View Post
I have a friend who smells like rotten taco meat. He smells so sour that when he gets in my car I have to open the windows. I have no management that can talk to him for me. How would you handle this in a personal situation?

be real frank and blunt.approach him and tell him that he has a 'stank'.ask him if he uses or participates in any hygene programs where he lives.tell him any corner store will gladly assist him in his search for great smelling products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness