Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times

Advertisements

Over a week ago, I got into an altercation.

I got hit, and hit my head on the concrete and passed out. Came to, and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

I had a laceration that went completely through my cheek. Bled lots, and had to get sutured on the inside and the outside.

Ive been led to believe that I was struck with an object(i dont remember..blacked out).

The guy is being charged with assault with a deadly weapon I think. So far, the cops have it that he stabbed me.

Witnesses say they just saw him punch me, but it was dark, and not entirely impossible that he might have had a key or something in his fist.

I was only hit once. My teeth are in perfect shape..didnt lose any, no pain in my jaw.....

Is it possible it was just a punch and my tooth mightve went through my cheek or something? Not my lips or mouth area..cheek to the side of my mouth. Wouldn't the emergency room be able to determine this?

Is this a puncture wound..?

Its driving me crazy. I don't wanna send someone to prison if its not true. In that case, Ill deal with it on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM

seriously?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
seriously?
Ouch! I have no idea mate but you have my sympathy. Ouch!!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Ring on his finger?

Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 AM

621 posts, read 3,206,283 times
Most of the time if it's a stab wound the borders will be straight not jagged like a tear. Unless it was a serrated knife or something like a key. How big is this wound (inches)? Sometimes you can't tell. I highly doubt it was your teeth if it was the side of your face. I've seen people come in when their tooth has gone through their cheek but it was more in the front of the mouth, like biting through their lip. It seems kind of impossible to "bite" completely through the side of your mouth.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
Most of the time if it's a stab wound the borders will be straight not jagged like a tear. Unless it was a serrated knife or something like a key. How big is this wound (inches)? Sometimes you can't tell. I highly doubt it was your teeth if it was the side of your face. I've seen people come in when their tooth has gone through their cheek but it was more in the front of the mouth, like biting through their lip. It seems kind of impossible to "bite" completely through the side of your mouth.
thats what i'm thinkinng. Im almost sure it wasnt a knife, but thinking it was a key if anything.

I understand biting a chunk in the inside of my mouth, but a cut going all the way through? I mean, the punch wasnt enough to knock out any teeth or mess up my jaw..yet put a tooth all the way through my cheek?

I dont konw. Dont know what to do about it.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
If this guy assaulted you, he will more than likely assault someone else too down the road. The next person may be worse off than you. It sounds like this guy needs to be off the streets for awhile IMO (I'm assuming you weren't provoking him).

Old 04-23-2008, 12:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
You don't really need to do anything about it. It will be up to the prosecutor to prove he had a deadly weapon and up to his defense attorney to prove he didn't. All you have to do is testify truthfully about what happened. Also, he can go to jail on a simple assault as well.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You don't really need to do anything about it. It will be up to the prosecutor to prove he had a deadly weapon and up to his defense attorney to prove he didn't. All you have to do is testify truthfully about what happened. Also, he can go to jail on a simple assault as well.
Great point. You just need to tell what you know.

This does not sound like you bit through your mouth though.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Great point. You just need to tell what you know.

This does not sound like you bit through your mouth though.

yeah, the dude is freaking out and literally crying, begging for me to drop charges. as far as i know, its not up to me to drop charges. Its up to the DA, because all they did was interview me along with other witnesses.

It was punk move and I ended up with a hole in my face, thats all i know.

The guy's getting dealt with either way, but I dont want to be a party of a him bieng charged with assualt with a weapon if its just his fist. But I never told them I saw anything since I blacked out.

And it doesnt seem to be my teeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness