U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,070,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glcormier View Post
not sure about the manslaughter since I am still alive. But maybe attempted?
I doubt it. To prove attempted manslaughter, you would probably have to prove that he deliberately infected you, in a deliberate attempt to kill you. Sounds like a long shot. Might not hurt to talk to your District Attorney about it, though. It would cost you nothing, and the worst thing the DA could do would be to tell you "no."

If he is incarcerated for assaulting you, and if he failed to disclose that he had Hep C, you might be able to get a very nice judgment in your favor in the divorce. I would look for a good divorce lawyer, as opposed to a good personal injury lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,668,769 times
Quote:
I found out by getting a copy of one of his recent arrest reports.
"One" of his recent arrest reports? How many recent arrest reports does he have? Sounds like there were plenty of outward signs that this guy may not have been a real winner to begin with, never mind the Hep-C.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 AM

44 posts, read 81,677 times
He will more than likely be settling a martime jones act lawsuit against his employer in nov. 29th. he has a trial date for nov29. he is intitled to lost wages for the last 3.5 years. lost furture wages. pain and suffering , permenent disfigurement and disability. Local newspaper is a thought. But then Id never get a job. My husband did not want me to work because I was too untrustworthy? So I quit my better paying job. He took a lesser paying job and then he could always be counted on to leave work early and drink away the morgage.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 AM

I think Tober is half on to something. I should of done a back ground check first. then instead of taking him to counseling (did not work) and church(and that didnt work eighter) I should of just picked him up and sat him out with the garbage. Since he was refusing to leave my home/farm.That I have owned for 10 yrs.Even the police told me to leave or I should leave and go to a battered womans shelter. 2 Days before his last assult on me and my female tenant. He found the copies of his arrest records from another state, in my truck. He said what is this! oh he was mad. I told him I just felt the need to know all about you. He burnt them. I guess its true that the first thing to leave you when your drinking alcohol is your judgement. But alcohol was only a problem sometimes, abusive behavior was a problem daily. And now that he is gone I suspose this Hep C will/could be a problem for a life time.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I knew a girl who sued her ex-boyfriend for giving her herpes in 1990. She got a settlement for $20,000. Herpes is not life threatining, just forever.
What kind of lawyer did she use. Ive called a few and I cant find no takers yet

Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 17,901,013 times
In my very uneducated opinion you have a case but you'll probably need to do some searching to find a lawyer to take the case.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 PM

6,663 posts, read 27,051,054 times
Quote:
What kind of lawyer did she use. Ive called a few and I cant find no takers yet
I do not know, it was back in 1990. No longer in contact.
Sounds like a good divorse lawyer would be the best.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,056,789 times
If he has no money to sue for, what's the point?
Lesson learned - get tested for STDs (which doesn't cover you 100% anyways; most don't test for herpes, for example), and use protection if you don't know for 100% sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness