U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 AM

4,817 posts, read 9,701,402 times

Advertisements

Hi

I was wondering if any males in their 40s or 50s have had experience with male menopause. I have been having a terrible summer....very irritable when the weather gets above 75 (I dont like hot weather at all), and just overall craby and I do get occasional times when I will break out in sweat (especially the back of the head and in the stomach-hips area). I went to the family doctor for blood work and a checkup and all blood work was fine, except for testerone which was low....reading 138...when I think normal is 200 or 250 and above. He said this could explain my moods and hot flashes and is similar to what females go through.

I havent heard of male menapause before....any other male out there experienced it. I am taking anxiety mediction and have been over the years for un-related reasons...but my doctor also prescribed another medicine to help me control my irritability when I get hot.

Once colder weather arrives I will not need to take medicine as colder temps and less daylight do help improve my mood. Yes true on this one....I have experienced reverse SAD in the past in the spring-summer when things turn green and daylight lengthens.

I live in the far north central part the U.S. about 70 miles from the Manitoba border so our warmth is nothing like other parts of the nation thankfully so this condition is brief.'

Dan

Last edited by Kamsack; 08-20-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM

25,290 posts, read 30,123,291 times
Hi Dan,

Did your doctor check your thyroid? Did s/he suggest a testosterone supplement? If the thyroid is normal, taking a trial on the testosterone should quickly show whether that has anything to do with your symptoms or not.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM

4,817 posts, read 9,701,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hi Dan,

Did your doctor check your thyroid? Did s/he suggest a testosterone supplement? If the thyroid is normal, taking a trial on the testosterone should quickly show whether that has anything to do with your symptoms or not.
yes he checked thyroid and it was normal as well as glucose and other sugars were all normal range. So any pre-diabetes, etc was ruled out.

We meet in two weeks again to re-test the level.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness