U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:15 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,689,983 times

Advertisements

Just counting the days until I see the neuro doctor and find out what my options are.. and if this tumor is what I have been experiencing with my ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Saw the neurosurgeon today. This tumor isn't what is causing my ear problem.

The tumor is in the front middle of my head just inside my hair line. He said the risk of surgery far outweighs the risk of doing nothing because it is so small.....so we are doing nothing but watching it. I am back in the ENT doctors hands and I see him next week.. I have got my hopes up I can go back to work in September when the next crew change is!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,537,756 times
meningioma is fairly common and rarely malignant
likely they will just monitor you with a scan every so often until they are sure it is stable (not growing)
sounds like this is an incidental finding
good luck! hope they are able to cure your vertigo

meningiomas can cause vertigo but often times this is located more near the skull base rather than in the frontal area

Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,202,032 times
Default Soft tissue mass near the frontal area.....Possibly meningioma tumor...Having MRI Thurs...

had a ct scan after accident......incidental finding of a soft tissue mass near frontal area of brain......maybe a meningioma tumor (sorry about spelling).......will wait it out and c.........

Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Let us know when you know anything..

It has been 2 years since we found mine and we are just doing MRI's yearly. A second one was discovered.. I have been diagonsed with Migraine Associated Vertigo, BPPV and other ear related problems so dizzy is my middle name now. I stumble and stagger when I walk, have a lot of nausea and so sinsitive to light that I am pretty much a shut in. None of it is tumor related.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,115,995 times
Laura707, just read your thread and see that your symptoms have persisted two years. Have you gotten second opinions from neurosurgeons? Is going to a Mayo Clinic possible for you?

My mother developed a men. tumor at age 70, at the base of her skill. Her internist told her her symptoms were due to stress (ie., balance problems, facial numbness)! I told her to see an (excellent) ENT in my city, who diagnosed her with the tumor within 10 minutes of examining her. A CT scan confirmed the tumor. This was some 30 years ago so they surgically removed the tumor. Due to the tumor location, they were unable to remove all of it and it grew back after a year. I also once worked with a young fellow who developed a similar tumor which was successfully removed in its entirety. Your doctors are telling you your symptoms (classic tumor symptoms) are not tumor related? I'd definitely get more opinions.

I am sorry you are going through this.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:54 AM

A neurosurgeon is the one who oversees my care for my tumors, we do MRI's yearly. I also have another doctor that gets a copy of the MRI and takes care of my dizziness problem that I see.. I am not sure what kind of doctor he is, I just know he did a bunch of tests on me and the one that said I have MAV and BPPV.

I have seen my tumors on the MRI's since that is something I want to watch and keep up with for myself. My neurosurgeon assures me that his job is to cut into peoples heads and if there was any chance these tumors were dangerous, he would have me in there cutting them out. He swears at this point, all surgery would do would be to give me bad headache and make me sick..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness