U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 PM

406 posts, read 1,285,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I am a quitter of 3-days. I don't need to see the evils you continue to post in this thread so I'm done here. Some support!

Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM

8,778 posts, read 17,209,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I am a quitter of 3-days.
Congratulations!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 PM

8,778 posts, read 17,209,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
ACTUALLY!! this post is for people who have either already QUIT, WANT TO QUIT OR HERE TO SUPPORT SOMEBODY ELSE QUIT!! Tobacco is killing TONS of people every year yet you are one of these people who dont want to hear about the "EVILS". Well what you call evils I call TRUTHS. Truths that you dont want to hear about because you rather be in denial about how dangerous they actually are.

Thats like an alchoholic not wantin to hear it. Like I stated earlier in this forum, if you are only hear to say that "WE ALREADY KNOW blah blah blah" than your in the wrong forum because this is for people who WANT to hear this stuff because they want to quit or help somebody quit because they are aware that they arnt just so called "evils" but its about bettering your life and liveing longer and being healthier.

If your not for the cause than your against it. And this thread is only for people for it. This wan intended to be a SUPPORT GROUP. why do people not get that? I should have known you cant do somethin like that on a public forum because you have people like you that just HAVE to put your two cents in even if they are not positive.
Spellchecker.net - Spell Checker, Web Spell Check Solutions

Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

hahaha

Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 PM

226 posts, read 489,187 times
I smoked for 22 years. I quit Thanksgiving Day 2007. Quit smoking aid? Nicorette gum. Use the gum, but keep your mind occupied. This is important.

You'll think about smoking all the time the first few days. The first two weeks were hell. I can't tell you how many times I had keys in hand, mouth full of Nicorette gum, and ready to go to the store and buy cigarettes. It's that addicting.

But, it does get easier. Take it day by day. Each day that goes by becomes easier and easier.

I don't even think about them now. Even if I did, I have no desire to start again. I think it takes about a full year to not even think about them any more. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 AM

It has been 2 years and 3 months since I quit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness