U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 PM
 
5,333 posts, read 11,505,109 times
Reputation: 13104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I believe it!
Because the "friend" of an anonymous poster says it....it has to be true!

 
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,699 posts, read 14,182,900 times
Reputation: 21907
I wonder.........do a lot of Drs. invest in pharmaceutical companies...........and then prescribe drugs from the company they have an interest in instead of a similar drug from another company? Anyone know?
 
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
2,185 posts, read 4,271,243 times
Reputation: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Because the "friend" of an anonymous poster says it....it has to be true!

I agree with the statement, why does it matter who said it? If I agreed with you, would it be better? Is your opinion more valid than his or mine? you're just some (fill in the blank) person on the internet.


My doctor I was seeing for 4 years had benicar notepads, calenders, and gave me free samples of that horrid drug all the time. I kept asking for another med because it was not effective and was making me sick. As you know with blood pressure meds, there are many many othes he could have pescribed. oops wait he did prescribe Azor which is made buy the SAME company and pretty much the same drug, just with norvasc added with the benicar.

I went to another doctor and feel much better and normal again on another med. He kept me on a med that was $50 a month, I was sick all the time and I wasn't geting optimal numbers with it. yes I think something was very wrong.
 
Old 09-14-2010, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 13,340,269 times
Reputation: 3734
There are "perks" to a doctor writing prescriptions. Of course. I have worked in medical for years and have seen it first hand. They can't directly take "pay" per se but they get opportunities to take 'paid' surveys - i.e., paid for their time (not a kick back per se). They get all sorts of goodies from drug reps too. It's one big happy family, the pharma companies, drug reps, doctors and insurance. Everyone benefits from everyone else. We are just pawns in the game.
 
Old 09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
 
5,333 posts, read 11,505,109 times
Reputation: 13104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I agree with the statement, why does it matter who said it? If I agreed with you, would it be better? Is your opinion more valid than his or mine? you're just some (fill in the blank) person on the internet.


My doctor I was seeing for 4 years had benicar notepads, calenders, and gave me free samples of that horrid drug all the time. I kept asking for another med because it was not effective and was making me sick. As you know with blood pressure meds, there are many many othes he could have pescribed. oops wait he did prescribe Azor which is made buy the SAME company and pretty much the same drug, just with norvasc added with the benicar.

I went to another doctor and feel much better and normal again on another med. He kept me on a med that was $50 a month, I was sick all the time and I wasn't geting optimal numbers with it. yes I think something was very wrong.
I wasn't stating an opinion, I was stating a FACT

Physicians, PA's, NP's DON'T receive kickbacks for writing prescriptions

That is a FACT

You can choose to "believe" whatever you like but this isn't a matter of opinion....
 
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM
 
5,333 posts, read 11,505,109 times
Reputation: 13104
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
There are "perks" to a doctor writing prescriptions. Of course. I have worked in medical for years and have seen it first hand. They can't directly take "pay" per se but they get opportunities to take 'paid' surveys - i.e., paid for their time (not a kick back per se). They get all sorts of goodies from drug reps too. It's one big happy family, the pharma companies, drug reps, doctors and insurance. Everyone benefits from everyone else. We are just pawns in the game.
Really.....when did you last work in "medical"....

Drug reps can't even give out pens anymore....

20 years ago when I was in school the most drug reps could give out was educational material such as text books.....

More unsubstantiated hearsay.....
 
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Cartersville, GA
1,256 posts, read 3,070,622 times
Reputation: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
LOL. Yeah, and that's why all of the pens, clocks, and all of the other misc stuff in both my gp's and psych docs offices are plastered with zoloft, lexapro and other drug advertising.
I guess I need to say this again. This practive has been completely banned by The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) for over two years. Meals for educational sessions, etc. are still allowed, but the guidelines in the United States are becoming more restrictive as time goes by.
 
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
 
234 posts, read 310,895 times
Reputation: 173
Well I hope it starts taking effect then.. because unfortunately, it still seems to be a widespread problem.
 
Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 13,340,269 times
Reputation: 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Really.....when did you last work in "medical"....

Drug reps can't even give out pens anymore....

20 years ago when I was in school the most drug reps could give out was educational material such as text books.....

More unsubstantiated hearsay.....
Umm yes, really and for the record, I STILL work in medical and have so for the past 11 years. I see reps come in all the time to not only OUR doctors I work for but my own personal physician and give them pens or have "happy hours, dinner invites, etc" for them as well. So, as for your "unsubstantiated hearsay" you can stick it
 
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
2,185 posts, read 4,271,243 times
Reputation: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I wasn't stating an opinion, I was stating a FACT

Physicians, PA's, NP's DON'T receive kickbacks for writing prescriptions

That is a FACT

You can choose to "believe" whatever you like but this isn't a matter of opinion....
I really don't know why you are being so argumentative with everyone on this thead. I just asked a simple question and agreed with one of the replies.

Anyway thanks for your input. I am just happy I am away from that one doctor right now and happy this new med is working out better for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top