U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Reputation: 3734

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If you're calling me absurd; there's no reason to personally attack me.

If you read what I said - I said that pens, etc do add up & if some doctors did pick medications because of it; I can understand why because it can save them thousands of dollars. I didn't say I know that they actually do things like that.

LOL I feel your frustration. There appears to be NO talking to bluedevilz. He/She just isn't being reasonable or just likes to argue... either / or, I've stopped making any more comments about this topic LOL

 
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,593,131 times
Reputation: 6976
Patients need to start taking a more active and informed role in their own healthcare.

At the end of the day,it doesn't matter whether or not the doctors get perks for prescribing certain drugs. What matters is whether or not the drug works.

Do a little research,ask questions. You have the internet,use it.

Granted,not everyone has a medical background. That shouldn't stop you from learning about the drugs that you are about to put in your system.

Does it really matter that the drug reps handed out a bunch of pens or sticky note pads? Not really.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
 
848 posts, read 1,722,823 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Does it really matter that the drug reps handed out a bunch of pens or sticky note pads? Not really.
You're missing the bigger picture by a mile.

Handing out trinkets is a multi-million dollar expense that's passed along to the consumer. Furthermore, those trinkets are the cheap end of the give-a-ways.

Exotic vacations and pay-outs end up costing the consumer insane amounts of money. These unnecessary expenses, along with advertising (as stated above), drive up the cost of US purchased drugs to the extent they are out of reach for many people.

There's no reason patients here in the US should pay anymore than those in Canada. Stop pharmaceutical companies from obscene and unnecessary expenses and drug costs will plummet.

There's no valid reason US patients should pay any more for drugs than our Canadian neighbors.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
 
848 posts, read 1,722,823 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Really?? You have first hand knowledge of this how??

Do you provide the perks??

Have you received the perks??

I am a prescriber....I have NEVER received a "kickback" of any kind for writing a prescription nor have any colleagues that I am aware of.....

To think otherwise is hopelessly cynical and ultimately misinformed....
Yes, I do have first hand knowledge of these types of perks.

When you produce solid evidence identifying yourself as the Chairman of a Senate Investigation Committee on Pharmaceutical Abuses, I'll give you some direct evidence.

Until then, you can continue believing in Emerald City.

The above named abuses are very real, and if I am cynical, you can lay blame squarely on the shoulders of an unethical pharmaceutical industry.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,593,131 times
Reputation: 6976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
Yes, I do have first hand knowledge of these types of perks.

When you produce solid evidence identifying yourself as the Chairman of a Senate Investigation Committee on Pharmaceutical Abuses, I'll give you some direct evidence.

Until then, you can continue believing in Emerald City.

The above named abuses are very real, and if I am cynical, you can lay blame squarely on the shoulders of an unethical pharmaceutical industry.
Enlighten us then.

Were you on the giving or the receiving side of this atrocity?
 
Old 09-16-2010, 01:40 PM
 
848 posts, read 1,722,823 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Enlighten us then.

Were you on the giving or the receiving side of this atrocity?
It should be obvious to even the casual reader, by my disdain for both the pharmaceutical industry and corporate entities, that I was neither.

And who is "us?"
 
Old 09-16-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,593,131 times
Reputation: 6976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
It should be obvious to even the casual reader, by my disdain for both the pharmaceutical industry and corporate entities, that I was neither.

And who is "us?"
The 'us' included myself and two friends who are medical professionals.

They did feel a little neglected as the best perk they were given was being invited to a cocktail party.
 
Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 AM
 
5,297 posts, read 11,485,288 times
Reputation: 12995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
It should be obvious to even the casual reader, by my disdain for both the pharmaceutical industry and corporate entities, that I was neither.

And who is "us?"
It should be obvious to the most casual reader that you have missed the point of this thread and you have no idea what you are talking about...

The OP asked do prescribers get kickbacks for writing prescriptions.

The answer is no...

You can blather on about your disdain for corporate entities....the basic fact of the matter won't change.
 
Old 09-17-2010, 08:36 AM
 
848 posts, read 1,722,823 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
It should be obvious to the most casual reader that you have missed the point of this thread and you have no idea what you are talking about...

The OP asked do prescribers get kickbacks for writing prescriptions.

The answer is no...

You can blather on about your disdain for corporate entities....the basic fact of the matter won't change.
The answer is yes.

Just because YOU are not aware of it certainly doesn't mean the practice doesn't exist.
 
Old 09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
 
5,297 posts, read 11,485,288 times
Reputation: 12995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
The answer is yes.

Just because YOU are not aware of it certainly doesn't mean the practice doesn't exist.
The answer is NO

Just because you say it is so doesn't mean the practice does exist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top