U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 PM

1,701 posts, read 3,096,421 times

Advertisements

They definitely like to stir up hysteria. NYS mandated that all healthcare workers get the shot the hospital threatened us with termination if we didn't get it then withdrew it the next week due to "shortages". I don't think they'll be such shortages this time around.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,957,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
They definitely like to stir up hysteria. NYS mandated that all healthcare workers get the shot the hospital threatened us with termination if we didn't get it then withdrew it the next week due to "shortages". I don't think they'll be such shortages this time around.
That smells like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I would have challenged it if they pushed me.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
That smells like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I would have challenged it if they pushed me.
Yeah they started a lawsuit in Albany to stop it, they wouldn't say it was because of the suit it was because of the "shortage". They were pretty slick about trying to shove it down our throats. Veeeery quietly, then BAM it was law.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,058,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Yeah they started a lawsuit in Albany to stop it, they wouldn't say it was because of the suit it was because of the "shortage". They were pretty slick about trying to shove it down our throats. Veeeery quietly, then BAM it was law.

Yup. I was one of the people protesting with my wife and plenty of other HCWs. Stupid. Problem is that we had people with severe co-morbidities and other factors, but you turn up with Swine and it was labeled as a Swine related death. Its the FLU. Take some vitamins, drink lots of fluids, eat some chicken soup, and catch up on your favorite shows.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 AM

89,296 posts, read 105,879,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I remember this, never got a flu shot after that!
Using "60 Minutes" as a scientific source is not recommended. Even Sanjay Gupta would be a better source.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,347,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Using "60 Minutes" as a scientific source is not recommended. Even Sanjay Gupta would be a better source.
I posted 60 Minutes because that is what I saw on the news in 1976, 60 Minutes simply followed up what I already knew. When I was 18 more people died and were neurologically injured by the Swine Flu Vaccine, than from the Swine Flu itself! Imagine what the vaccine can do to developing infants and fetuses!

YouTube - US News Station denies Guillain-Barré Syndrome link to Swine Flu Vaccination

Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Yup. I was one of the people protesting with my wife and plenty of other HCWs. Stupid. Problem is that we had people with severe co-morbidities and other factors, but you turn up with Swine and it was labeled as a Swine related death. Its the FLU. Take some vitamins, drink lots of fluids, eat some chicken soup, and catch up on your favorite shows.
Exaaactly. Play some PS3. They never mention that the people who died had other conditions. Kept that real quiet.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM

60 Minutes and now youtube?

Try reading this:
Reflections on Swine Flu Vaccination Program | CDC EID

I will excerpt my two allowable sentences.

Shortly after the national campaign began, 3 elderly persons died after receiving the vaccine in the same clinic. Although investigations found no evidence that the vaccine and deaths were causally related, press frenzy was so intense it drew a televised rebuke from Walter Cronkite for sensationalizing coincidental happenings.

Not to mention, we are talking about an entirely different vaccine in 2010.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:20 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,347,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
60 Minutes and now youtube?

Try reading this:
Reflections on Swine Flu Vaccination Program | CDC EID

I will excerpt my two allowable sentences.

Shortly after the national campaign began, 3 elderly persons died after receiving the vaccine in the same clinic. Although investigations found no evidence that the vaccine and deaths were causally related, press frenzy was so intense it drew a televised rebuke from Walter Cronkite for sensationalizing coincidental happenings.

Not to mention, we are talking about an entirely different vaccine in 2010.
Back in the day, when news was more investigative journalism, all the news was reporting the deaths & injuries from the Swine Flu Vaccine, long before the 60 Minutes documentary. This is WHY I did not receive the Swine Flu Vaccine at the time.

The news was a government watchdog back then, so it is ludicrous to use CDC as a source. The CDC and corporate conflicts of interest (corruption by vaccine industry) are widely known and have been tied together for decades.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom;16079271[B
]Back in the day, when news was more investigative journalism,[/b] all the news was reporting the deaths & injuries from the Swine Flu Vaccine, long before the 60 Minutes documentary. This is WHY I did not receive the Swine Flu Vaccine at the time.
Which negates Walter Cronkite's statement I posted above. It was a media frenzy. None of the deaths or cases of Guillane-Barre have ever been verified to be linked to the swine flu vaccine. The epidemic didn't materialize that year, which did leave the govt. with 'egg on its face'. But these things are unpredicatable. Last year's early H1N1 epidemic caught everyone off guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness