U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,109,229 times

Advertisements

The government buys the flu shots and the corporations who make them need to stay in business.
Fear is the only thing the drives you pay for anything and do anything in the governments eyes.

Most people don't die from the flu!!!
No reason to get the flu shot and unless they are spreading it on purpose.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,351,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Which negates Walter Cronkite's statement I posted above. It was a media frenzy. None of the deaths or cases of Guillane-Barre have ever been verified to be linked to the swine flu vaccine. The epidemic didn't materialize that year, which did leave the govt. with 'egg on its face'. But these things are unpredicatable. Last year's early H1N1 epidemic caught everyone off guard.
Of course Guillane-Barre was direct cause and effect from Swine Flu Vaccine! What is your conclusive information that caused GB suddenly in these adults, AFTER they received Swine Flu Vaccine

Old 09-29-2010, 11:37 AM

513 posts, read 514,967 times
I'm a sixty year old asthmatic and I've been getting flu shots every year for 20 years.
Last year I couldn't get one because of the H1N1 scare. Of course after flu season there
were millions of doses unused and wasted. That's our government at work!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:40 AM

12,977 posts, read 12,647,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Of course Guillane-Barre was direct cause and effect from Swine Flu Vaccine! What is your conclusive information that caused GB suddenly in these adults, AFTER they received Swine Flu Vaccine
Nothing has been hidden about this bizarre incident, but the most important fact remains:

Quote:
Risks have to be weighed against benefits. Had there been a swine flu epidemic in 1976, the number of lives saved by a vaccine would have dwarfed the small number of cases of Guillain-Barré. In all, the vaccination resulted in nearly one extra case of Guillain-Barré for every 100,000 people immunized.
CDC H1N1 Flu | General Questions and Answers on Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/09/health/09vaccine.html

Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 AM

1,701 posts, read 3,099,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Nothing has been hidden about this bizarre incident, but the most important fact remains:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/09/health/09vaccine.html
Those are "estimated" lives saved correct? Or it could have saved no lives, nobody really knows.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 AM

12,977 posts, read 12,647,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Those are "estimated" lives saved correct? Or it could have saved no lives, nobody really knows.
Yes, epidemiologists predict outcomes based on patterns from past outbreaks. But you know that. Are you suggesting that preventative care is a waste of time because no one really knows what will occur?

Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM

7,522 posts, read 7,416,150 times
I really don't like how the government has its hand in the vaccination business. Too cozy a relationship with Big Pharma. I do agree that there was sensationalism and fear mongering happening with the Swine Flu last season. I refused to get the vaccine last year but did get it this year. I've had the flu (not swine flu) in recent years and it's really not fun. I'd like to avoid that at all costs.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM

89,450 posts, read 106,082,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Well, yeah, 60 Minutes and youtube can't be wrong! Especially since any special interest group can make a youtube video. Here is another link about GBS:

Scientists first reported a suspected link between GBS and vaccinations in 1976, during a national campaign to vaccinate people against a swine flu virus. The investigation found that vaccine recipients had a higher risk for GBS than those who were not vaccinated (about 1 additional case occurred per 100,000 people vaccinated). Given this association, and the fact that the swine flu disease was limited, the vaccination program was stopped.
Since then, numerous studies have been done to evaluate if other flu vaccines were associated with GBS. In most studies, no association was found, but two studies suggested that approximately 1 additional person out of 1 million vaccinated people may be at risk for GBS associated with the seasonal influenza vaccine.

Mod note: government site.

So yes, an excess risk of 1 in a million. We take far greater risks than this every day of our lives, especially if we go out in traffic, either driving, riding in a motor vehicle, or being a pedestrian.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 PM

89,450 posts, read 106,082,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I really don't like how the government has its hand in the vaccination business. Too cozy a relationship with Big Pharma. I do agree that there was sensationalism and fear mongering happening with the Swine Flu last season. I refused to get the vaccine last year but did get it this year. I've had the flu (not swine flu) in recent years and it's really not fun. I'd like to avoid that at all costs.
It's not fun, you're right. I think it's much better to put principal aside and do what's best for yourself, then work on the other problems as you see them.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,351,178 times
Seriously, do you have independent sources? ...CDC and Vaccine Industry are joined at the hip, and due to conflict of interest, are not going to reveal the whole picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness