U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:02 PM

9,935 posts, read 16,545,479 times

Advertisements

Try Move Free, its a supplement with glucosamine and chondrition.

I have rheumatoid arthritis and have had my left hip replaced. Last Nov, my right hip suddenly hurting so much I literally couldn't walk and was frightened I would need a hip replacement in the right hip as well. I made an appt with an orthopedic surgeo, but couldn't get one until after the holidays. Meantime, I tried that Move Free.

I know I sound like I'm doing a commercial for them, but the pain went away in a few weeks. I don't even take it anymore. Perhaps my pain was something that would have gone away on its own, but who knows? Its not very expensive and can be found at most drugstores, etc. Oh, BTW, I cancelled the doctor appt, so I have no clinical documentation as to what was causing the pain, who cares if its gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 07:34 AM

5,893 posts, read 11,622,267 times
I suffered from hip bursitis before and have had two cortison injections in it. The last time, I had an injection directly into the hip joint using a fluoroscope. I was doing sort of okay for a while.

I recently had almost a month of being sick and then spent a week in the hospital. My hip pain (and sometimes sciatica) is back with a vengeance. I can't take Ibuprofen or Aleve any more, and my physical therapy exercises seem to be aggravation it instead of helping. Sleep has become very difficult at times. I wish I could do the full Piriformis stretch that would help so much, but I can't due to a range of motion problem with something inside the hip joint. I'm getting very frustrated -- and tired!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness