U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 PM

2,577 posts, read 5,211,276 times

Advertisements

Hey ladies, I just started working a new job for about 3 weeks now & have been pretty stressed out lately. My last period was in mid August & it's been a month since I've gotten it. I've had a little bit of cramping, I'm not pregnant but I had a little bit of pinkish blood in my discharge & wanted to know if this is my period because I skipped it for the month of September. Thanks for the help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM

25,250 posts, read 30,096,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Hey ladies, I just started working a new job for about 3 weeks now & have been pretty stressed out lately. My last period was in mid August & it's been a month since I've gotten it. I've had a little bit of cramping, I'm not pregnant but I had a little bit of pinkish blood in my discharge & wanted to know if this is my period because I skipped it for the month of September. Thanks for the help.
How do you know you are not pregnant? If you have had unprotected sex, pregnancy has got to be at the top of the list. A pregnancy test by your doctor might be in order.

That being said, stress can cause you not to ovulate and make you skip periods. It can also eventually cause heavy, unpredictable bleeding.

The treatment depends on whether you want to get pregnant or not.

See your gynecologist. And no reason for !

Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM

2,222 posts, read 9,724,064 times
Are you anywhere near menopause age?

Old 10-05-2010, 03:05 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,969,745 times
Implantation bleeding is caused by pregnancy about a week after ovulation and successful fertilization. It usually occurs too early to be mistaken for a period.

Stress can play tricks on our body. I would recommend a pregnancy test just to officially rule it out.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:20 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,615,487 times
If your last period was mid august haven't you missed almost 2 periods? Did you have a period in September? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Old 10-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
Implantation bleeding is caused by pregnancy about a week after ovulation and successful fertilization. It usually occurs too early to be mistaken for a period.

Stress can play tricks on our body. I would recommend a pregnancy test just to officially rule it out.

I had classic implantation bleeding with my son. My OB told me she didn't believe in this. I think she is full of crap. So I got a new OB.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,969,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I had classic implantation bleeding with my son. My OB told me she didn't believe in this. I think she is full of crap. So I got a new OB.
It is absolutely possible. It occurs as the fetus buries into the uterine lining. Good on you for getting a new doc. An OB who doesn't believe in implantation bleeding shouldn't deliver babies IMO.

Also, spotting during pregnancy is not uncommon. I've experienced that myself.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 PM

2,577 posts, read 5,211,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Are you anywhere near menopause age?
No, I'm 22 & not sexually active. The bleeding came back today but it's a little heavier I don't know what's going on, I've been cramping though so I think it might be "pre-period" if there's such a thing...

Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM

The fact that you're not sexually active should have been mentioned in the first post as my advice would have been a lot different. Anyways I think you need to go see a gynecologist.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM

25,250 posts, read 30,096,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
It is absolutely possible. It occurs as the fetus buries into the uterine lining. Good on you for getting a new doc. An OB who doesn't believe in implantation bleeding shouldn't deliver babies IMO.

Also, spotting during pregnancy is not uncommon. I've experienced that myself.

From Williams Obstetrics, Twentieth Edition, p.23, (1997, but the only one I have access to):

Uterine bleedingsomewhat suggestive of menstruation occurs occasionally after conception. One or two episodes of bloody discharge, somewhat reminiscent of and sometimes misinterpreted as menstruation, are not uncommon during the first half of pregnancy. Almost always, however, such bleeding is brief and scant.

The author describes a 1954 study of 225 women who had continuing pregancies. A fifth of them had some bleeding between the time of conception and day 196 of pregnancy. In the absence of cervical problems that could account for bleeding, 8% had bleeding before day 40. Bleeding was one third as frequent in women having their first pregnancy. The authors of the 1954 study concluded that these bleeding episodes in the first few weeks of pregnancy were "physiological," that is, the consequence of blastocyst implantation.

However, "implantation bleeding" is not universal in humans, and if bleeding occurs in an individual patient, it is not possible to prove that implantation is the cause of the bleeding. Therefore, many knowledgeable obstetricians do not lend much credence to the 1954 conclusion that any bleeding in early pregnancy is "physiological" in humans.

Additional note: Women do not "menstruate" during pregnancy, and any bleeding has to be considered a potential sign of a problem. To say one had "periods" throughout pregnancy is incorrect. A woman may bleed, but it is not due to the hormone changes that produce a menstrual period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness