Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 11,224 times

Advertisements

i got hit by a car in july. The dude never saw me and also made my wrist a p-trap under the sink. Any ideas for me im traped in my house like a prison cell. No visiters and friends forgot about me. Depression is setting in. Pecocets seem to kill the pain but im getting used to them.I have 13 screws in my leg witha plate and 6 screws in my wrist with a bonus of a plate and 4 pins. i cant write any more my left hand writing is like a childs. Im 41 and a slow healer. My life is in a terrible state of mind. Well i will wait for a response everyone wang chung tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:31 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Join facebook and hit the zynga game circuit. As long as you can move a mouse and tap on a keyboard, there is always an opportunity
to occupy time, and to entertain yourself, here on the World Wide Web. Sure, down-time is a bummer, and especially when you don't have
friends or relatives who'll come visiting you, from time to time. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and I'm sure that with time and physical
therapy, that you'll return to a fair degree of normalcy but I'd like to take this opportunity to caution you about the percoset, it can become
addictive if you get too familiar with it and over-medicate yourself.

Another thing that you might try, is using the internet like going to college,taking in as much knowledge as you can while filling those empty
hours, visiting websites which will increase your knowledge base. One good thing about facebook, is that you can spend a day or two, just
looking up old friends, neighbors and even classmates. I don't know how enriching that might be but I'm sure that it can keep you busy for
hours on end. Also, there's a wealth of wonderful videos to be seen on youtube, video from all over the world and video on just about every
imaginable subject. You might enjoy going to limewire and ripping down some of your favorite music, there is so much free music to be had,
you can compile a complete library of popular or period music.

I guess that what I'd like to do, is to get you to realize that your situation WILL change and before too long you'll be out and about, doing the
things that you'd like to do. I'd also like to see you go back out there to the world without a percoset or a vicoden habit and because I believe
that you have a good mind and a mature outlook, I'm sure that you'll be fine. Cheer up and cherish your time, because time will run out for each
of us on one day or another and on that sad day, I'm also sure that most of us would be happy just to be able to relive today. Yes, cheer up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness