Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does anyone still think vaccines are Kryptonite?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Unsure 3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:12 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,169,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Now do some research on what is termed "shaken baby syndrome". There are some cases of people being prosecuted - and jailed - for shaking their baby or toddler to a point whereby death ensues that have been discovered not be the cause of death at all. Some have been proven to be the result of vaccination/s. And that's only the ones that DO make it to the media...How many wrongful cases DON'T make it to the media?

Shaken Baby Syndrome

I could be wrong here, but this appears to be an attempt to sweep it under the carpet {take note of how many vaccines they're talking about?}. But if that were the case...why the lengthy article if there was little substance in it?

I stand by what I said a while ago, TOO many and TOO much is being pumped into kids at TOO early an age, and no amount of 'pro' vaccine talk will convince me otherwise...Nobody *really* knows what will result from a combination of multiple vaccinations for everything under the sun as those kids go through puberty, adolesence and finally mature into adulthood?

Nothing wrong with vaccines per saye, but like everything else...In moderation! Don't just pump a multitude of stuff into a kid who has not the ability to decide for themselves just because it seems to be the popular thing to do, or Dr Magoo and his propaganda machine says it's good for them for the prevention of a bag full of *possible* ailments. We'll eventually vaccinate ourselves into oblivion!

Jeez, just look at the bun fight regarding circumcision?
Oh...there is little doubt about you being wrong...

"Research" on shaken baby syndrome does not include a poorly written, incoherent "article" from an anti-vaccine organization..

Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 AM

77,675 posts, read 59,784,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Oh...there is little doubt about you being wrong...

"Research" on shaken baby syndrome does not include a poorly written, incoherent "article" from an anti-vaccine organization..
The fact that some people call badly written blogs "research" is telling.

Heck, why not just refer us back to their own posts in this thread as proof?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 AM

You know, if this were a discussion about what type of pie is best or whom to vote for in the presidential election or whether Elvis is dead I would be a lot more entertaining.

What we actually have here is a group of people actively trying to convince people not to immunize thier kids from preventable diseases out of the fear of getting autism. The one actual scientifc report supporting their position has now been thoroughly discredited so now they resort to blogs and general handwaving.

Basically, this is now a grassroots effort aimed at getting people to take actions that we KNOW will injure and kill some kids because they *think* they know the right answer based upon.....nothing concrete.

Sorry folks, if you are going to have the hubris to push something this serious you need to have something firm to support your position.

As it stands, I feel like you are no better than the tobacco companies in the 1920's trying to push cigarettes on kids because your ego won't let you consider that the bulk of your philosophy was founded long ago on what is now a known lie.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 AM

14,017 posts, read 20,823,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You know, if this were a discussion about what type of pie is best or whom to vote for in the presidential election or whether Elvis is dead I would be a lot more entertaining.

What we actually have here is a group of people actively trying to convince people not to immunize thier kids from preventable diseases out of the fear of getting autism. The one actual scientifc report supporting their position has now been thoroughly discredited so now they resort to blogs and general handwaving.

Basically, this is now a grassroots effort aimed at getting people to take actions that we KNOW will injure and kill some kids because they *think* they know the right answer based upon.....nothing concrete.

Sorry folks, if you are going to have the hubris to push something this serious you need to have something firm to support your position.

As it stands, I feel like you are no better than the tobacco companies in the 1920's trying to push cigarettes on kids because your ego won't let you consider that the bulk of your philosophy was founded long ago on what is now a known lie.
Excellent post. Some people's irrationality just boggles the mind.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,505,456 times
You know, on this thread - 4 people expressed concern about overvaccination and 2 of the 4, I would consider "anti-vaccine"

Questioning some of the current practices in the extreme usage of vaccines, particularly in infants with undeveloped immune systems is not being irrational. I personally (not through the internet) know enough trained medical professionals who also express concern to me about the extreme number of vaccines, some of which are for very minor disorders, and the rapidity with which they are issued.

Folks, there are RISKS and BENEFITS associated with the vaccines. If there was not some level of risk, we would not have to indemnify the drug companies to make them. That does not mean they are evil, but that means they should be used thoughtfully.

Every year you hear of drugs pulled off the market due to unintended, unforseen consequences. It happens.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
You know, on this thread - 4 people expressed concern about overvaccination and 2 of the 4, I would consider "anti-vaccine"

Questioning some of the current practices in the extreme usage of vaccines, particularly in infants with undeveloped immune systems is not being irrational. I personally (not through the internet) know enough trained medical professionals who also express concern to me about the extreme number of vaccines, some of which are for very minor disorders, and the rapidity with which they are issued.

Folks, there are RISKS and BENEFITS associated with the vaccines. If there was not some level of risk, we would not have to indemnify the drug companies to make them. That does not mean they are evil, but that means they should be used thoughtfully.

Every year you hear of drugs pulled off the market due to unintended, unforseen consequences. It happens.
I agree with most of this.

My only beef is with people going after core vaccines with 50 year track records because they don't trust "big pharma" or put their faith in blogs and bogus studies. Measles, Polio etc. are KNOWN killers and are effectively prevented by vaccine. To choose to bypass these types of vaccinations would (in my mind) require some pretty concrete opposing FACTS since the the other side of the equation is irrefutable with regards to effectiveness and the consequences of outbreak.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 AM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote ]

So, since this thread deals with vaccines causing autism does anyone want to present some scientific support for that position?

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-26-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,408,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
I'm not against vaccinations as such, but I must take into consideration the number of vaccines that seem to proliferate in todays society. If I were young again, and had kids again, there is no way I would be lining them up for all those vaccinations that are pushed by particular interests using scare tactics. We will effectively have our natural immune systems, or developing immune systems wiped out by vaccinations {opinion using logic} making us as a species more and more dependant of artificial 'protection?' for our survival.
Totally in agreement with you. We rely far too much on vaccines (and anti-bacterial soaps, lotions, ect) We are killing away our bodies immune system and natural defense which is why new strains are showing up. It's a sad world we live in these days. Seems like every kid is allergic to something, some even a million things. My son has 7 kids in his preschool and out of the 7, 4 have severe allergies, and one of them is allergic to 5 things! It is insane

Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM

36,958 posts, read 40,875,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Totally in agreement with you. We rely far too much on vaccines (and anti-bacterial soaps, lotions, ect) We are killing away our bodies immune system and natural defense which is why new strains are showing up. It's a sad world we live in these days. Seems like every kid is allergic to something, some even a million things. My son has 7 kids in his preschool and out of the 7, 4 have severe allergies, and one of them is allergic to 5 things! It is insane
I agree with letting kids go outside and play in the dirt. Antimicrobial soaps on a routine basis are unnecessary.

I do believe in vaccinating against the tetanus that may be in the dirt the kids play in.

To blame vaccines for an increase in food and inhalant allergies seems to be a gigantic stretch to me.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,408,897 times
I am not just blaming vaccines for allergies, I am just saying I think we tend to over react when it comes to vaccines, washing hands, keeping kids away from foods (to build up immunity) ect. We either over react in this instances or not at all. We need to find a happy medium and just stop screwing our bodies up, that is all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.