Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does anyone still think vaccines are Kryptonite?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Unsure 3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,636,153 times

Advertisements

Um, vaccines -trigger- the body's natural immune system, they don't suppress it. That's the whole point of vaccines.

Agreed, however, on the antimicrobial malarchy. When I feel my health might be compromised as the result of touching something _particularly_ unsanitary, I'll swipe an alcohol pad across my fingers to disinfect them from whatever it is I just touched. If that happens four times during an entire year, I'd be surprised. I have to -look- for normal dish detergent these days - and normal clothes detergent, and normal hand lotion, and normal soap. It's pretty sad when the market is saturated with stuff that prevents your immune system from working how it's supposed to work, and that people buy it up by the caseload.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,411,398 times
Anon- we are going to have to agree to disagree. It is MY opinion that OVER vaccinating can cause parts of our NATURAL immune system to shut down

Oh, and I have a co-worker who washes her hands with anit-baterial soap and then uses purell! Her hands are lobster red and dried out but she doesnt care

Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,177,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Anon- we are going to have to agree to disagree. It is MY opinion that OVER vaccinating can cause parts of our NATURAL immune system to shut down

Oh, and I have a co-worker who washes her hands with anit-baterial soap and then uses purell! Her hands are lobster red and dried out but she doesnt care
Opinions don't play a role in this type of discussion.

Vaccinations DON'T shut down the immune system....period.

What's your opinion on whether the earth orbits the sun?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 PM

36,971 posts, read 40,923,413 times
Quote:

What do you consider "over vaccinating"?

Why are the older vaccines good and the newer ones bad? The folks who do not believe in the newer vaccines are, by and large, people who do not understand how devastating the illnesses they prevent --- such as rotavirus and HiB --- are.

The newer vaccines were developed using the same processes that the older ones were. The antigens are just different. And the total load of antigens is less with a vaccine than with the natural infection.

If you believe in "over vaccination" you have bought into an internet perpetuated myth with no basis in science. Ultimately, the people who propagate these myths are conspiracy theorists whose ultimate fall back position is that the government and "big pharma" are pushing vaccines to make money. They completely ignore the fact that "big pharma" would make a lot more money from treating vaccine preventable diseases than from preventing them with vaccines.

It is impossible to "over vaccinate". And vaccines do not "shut down" any part of the immune system. It takes a healthy immune system to even respond to a vaccine. That is why children on chemotherapy cannot be vaccinated --- their immune systems are suppressed and they cannot produce antibodies to the vaccines.

I would encourage you to re-evaluate the sources that tell you vaccines shut down parts of the immune system. Ask them to provide the actual data that prove their allegations. They will not be able to do so because the data do not exist.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 PM

Just because someone has a belief or an opinion on something doesn't mean that got it from the stupid internet Lord forbid they have their own mind. You are free to believe what ever you want as am I

Old 01-27-2011, 02:40 PM

36,971 posts, read 40,923,413 times
Quote:
Just because someone has a belief or an opinion on something doesn't mean that got it from the stupid internet Lord forbid they have their own mind. You are free to believe what ever you want as am I

Then what are you basing your opinion on?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Then what are you basing your opinion on?
Same place people based their opinions on before the World Wide Web came into place. Family history, conversations with family physicians and my own and friends own personal experiences.

Look, you are entitled to your opinion and I am not going to belittle you or even say you are wrong to believe what you do. Good for you for forming your own opinion in any matter that you have. I am entitled to do the same, regardless if it falls in line with yours. I said it is MY OPINION that over vaccination causes more strains of viruses to come about and it also doesn't provide our own bodies to build up their own immunities and fight them off alone. If you believe differently, so be it- get every vaccine for you and your child that is known to man. Not going to bother me one bit

Old 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,595,574 times
same people arguing with each other - you can't see all the deleted posts. this thread has lost its usefulness and is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.