Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:29 PM

102 posts, read 168,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You explained that very well, thank you much.
You're welcome! Thanks, I was worried for you guys. I can breathe a sigh of relief now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eras View Post
Volts are pretty easy to understand, once you're accustomed to the term.
I use a variable volt device (battery) so that I can adjust the power. Think of Volts as power.
Some vapers need wispy amounts of vapor, like the gas stations have. Those are probably at 3.2volts to 3.5volts. This range is good when you have a cold or flu too. (Which is rare to get once you switch to vaping).
When your lungs begin healing, a nice 3.7volt - 4.2 volt is right nice. Most Flavors like this range.
When you're back to being iron man, 4.2 volt to 6.0volt will rock your world. A lot of unflavored juices like this range.

A variable Volt device, (Vv) like say the Provari, lets us dial in to all of the above, wherever we want or need to for our flavor or vapor production.
The higher the volt, the more the vapor. Tim the tool man vaper vapor, if you will, especially with the right atomizer and VG/pg mix.

I am a 4.2 volt vaper mostly.
I start every new flavor at 3.1volt, and gradually raise it up until the flavor sings for me. Some Flavors never do sing, they just die or burn, but most qflavors have their sweet spot.
I've never had to go up beyond 5.0volts yet, thank goodness, but its good to know I have the power if I need to. Like Bruce Almighty, I got the power!

The resistance is trickier, but not too hard.
Low, medium, high.
The higher the resistance, the more coils on the wrap. The more coils on the wrap, the more liquid is on the coils. The more liquid on the coils, the better the flavor.
But, a high resistance atomizer/carto, needs power to heat those extra coils. That's where 5.0volts on up to 6.0volts shines.
The lower the resistance atomizers have fewer coils, heat up faster, and are preferred by the average devices or the all mechanical devices.
Medium is middle, of course.

I'm not the person to give lessons, but that is how I understand it. It's worth researching, studying, especially when the perfect setup, with the perfect for you flavor, keeps you from lighting up.
I can't rep you again apparently but your last sentence is right on!

That's the problem I have with the "gas station" or mall disposable e-cigs or other expensive, low-quality kits. They are so weak and puny that they don't really satisfy the urge, not really. People try them and are left unsatisfied and don't research further so they give up on the whole idea.

With a little research online, one can find exceptionally satisfying e-cigs/personal vaporizers and absolutely delicious juice that really hits the spot. I'm not that geeky about my vaping compared to some but I guarantee I would not be a non-smoker today if I hadn't gone online and found better and MUCH cheaper alternatives to the very expensive and poor-quality offerings found in gas stations, liquor stores and shopping malls.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
I'm enjoying learning from this kid that runs this site.

Halo G6 Electronic Cigarette | E-cigarette Review

He's very easy going and keeps is simple. I watched his video on the Provari (expensive) and his vid on the Halo G6. I will probably get the Halo starter kit _ he sold me.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I'm enjoying learning from this kid that runs this site.

Halo G6 Electronic Cigarette | E-cigarette Review

He's very easy going and keeps is simple. I watched his video on the Provari (expensive) and his vid on the Halo G6. I will probably get the Halo starter kit _ he sold me.
Just checked it out, not a bad deal.

But be aware that the threading is 808, not 510. So that will limit you in terms of upgrading and customizing.

KGO or eGo starter kits are about the same price and easier to upgrade.
Elite Vaporworks KGO

Old 09-15-2013, 11:49 PM

Congrats to you, Chiroptera, and to all here who have quit smoking. It's been a long hard road, one to be proud of, even if the eCigs did lessen that pain by 95-100%.

I agree about the 808 being limited, unlike the 510. You can find adapters later if you need to (808-510) at madvapes or good prophets, etc, but they lessen the effect a hair. (Just so you're aware) The 808 is nice though, some brands better than others of course. Halo is popular eliquids, and I'm sure the ecig is nice too. I have the 808 ones by SmokeLessImage called the Volt that are quite nice for a cig-sized battery. They're great for those times I need to hold one between my fingers, or for going out. I'm sure you'll be happy with the Halo brand too. You will have to refill quite often, and recharge quite often. They're a respected company.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Just checked it out, not a bad deal.

But be aware that the threading is 808, not 510. So that will limit you in terms of upgrading and customizing.

KGO or eGo starter kits are about the same price and easier to upgrade.
Elite Vaporworks KGO
I just purchased it, can't wait. I'm also getting a sampler of their juice.
Did you see his video? He looks so young - he's 35!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I just purchased it, can't wait. I'm also getting a sampler of their juice.
Did you see his video? He looks so young - he's 35!
Awesome, good for you!
The Halo juices seem to get a lot of good reviews on ECF.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:23 AM

Congrats!!
35? He better give up vaping before he looks even younger. I know vaping rejuvenates the ex-smoker's soul, and body, but the age factor too? I'm getting a new mirror, this one sucks.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:48 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
When I quit smoking my mom said my skin didn't look grey anymore!

Old 09-25-2013, 05:32 PM

I want to report that I'm quite happy with the new Halo, the button is a little too recessed if you ask me. I still prefer to direct drip, so will get the atomizer to let me do that. When trying out new juices, you don't want to have to fill a blank carto to test it, especially if you don't like it.
The Halo juices are all good - which really takes me by surprise. My favorite happened to be the last one in the container of samples, and that is Tribeca. I can't begin to describe it, but it is fabulous! I even like it better than my favorite BackwoodsBrew. Some of you vapers must sample this. Tribeca is my new all day vape.

My old juices don't taste so good anymore. What happens to them when they get old? Is it me, or could it be the juices change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness