U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,281,632 times

Advertisements

I did about 10 years ago, and popped it back in myself.

I don't think it healed correctly, because when I carry stuff on my shoulder, I can feel how weak the shoulder is, and it pops often.

Anyway, I started a new job, where I have to carry rugs on my shoulder, and the shoulder is not doing to well. I am going to have to switch to my other shoulder.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Will I have to baby the shoulder for the rest of my life, so it doesn't pop out again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 PM

12,950 posts, read 14,454,803 times
I'm no doctor, but I would recommend doing some strengthening exercises for your arms/upper body.

My shoulder pops sometimes when I rotate it a certain way; I noticed when I started swimming alot it stopped doing it completely because the muscles were stronger.

I'm of course all lazy and weak now though lol.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 AM

2,400 posts, read 3,564,030 times
My father had problems with a dislocated shoulder; he originally injured it as a teenager, then as an adult it would pop out on occasion (agonizing). He eventually had surgery when he was in his 50s, I think the operation sort of wove the muscles over the joint to hold things in place. Then it turned out that the original surgery either wasn't done right or didn't hold up so he had to have a second surgery when he was in his 60s.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:18 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,281,632 times
Well, today my shoulder popped out again when I was lifting some merchandise at work. It went back in after a 10 seconds or so, but I was in pain all day.

I managed to finish work, but did not feel well.

I just started the job, and really need it, so I don't want to quit.

I will try some stretching exercises tonight, and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness