Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times

Advertisements

By real rest, I mean taking a month or two off and resting hard. Work 10-20 hrs/week but rest about as much as you can while staying healthy.

2010 was beyond rigorous and I vowed to rest hard when it was over. The first week was like heaven. My mind was floating in a sea of happiness.

I now find myself spending more time thinking of the all too numerous sins of my life. I wasn't always a great son or boyfriend or employee. I wanted to serve my country before finding out the kind who often run the show/country. I never did become highly successful for a lengthy period of time. I have wasted a lot of money on equipment that I hardly, or perhaps never, used. I did not save money, I bought equipment instead, and probably face a future of relatively lean living. OK....enough of that business.

Have you taken a true rest break of a month or more? How did your mind treat you?

FWIW....I'll be back to 60-70 hours/week when the weather gets better.

Relax....its just chat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
It was extremely benificial for me. Once I sluffed off the high stress of my job, my mental state changed dramaticly. I retired in October from a long career in high stress production. I had open heart and just decided to take my chips off the table and live with what I've got. I've never been happier or better adjusted since I was a kid. I honestly feel the meaning of life is much more clear than it ever was. Less distractions from what is important, IMO.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM

223 posts, read 577,017 times
As the saying goes, no one ever puts, "I wish I had spent more time at the office" on their tombstone...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf_Rocks View Post
As the saying goes, no one ever puts, "I wish I had spent more time at the office" on their tombstone...
So very true! I am in the middle of a huge project and have been working 7 days a week..some days even putting in 15 to 16 hours...I'm tired as h-e-double hocket sticks but I know when the end is.....in a few weeks and the weird thing about it, I am having surgery right after this project so it's like a forced rest but oddly, I am looking forward to it so I can just relax at home a few weeks.

Part of resting is trying to leave work at WORK..it's hard when you have all of your emails, cell phone calls and a worrysome client that just can't make it without you! LOL!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
So very true! I am in the middle of a huge project and have been working 7 days a week..some days even putting in 15 to 16 hours...I'm tired as h-e-double hocket sticks but I know when the end is.....in a few weeks and the weird thing about it, I am having surgery right after this project so it's like a forced rest but oddly, I am looking forward to it so I can just relax at home a few weeks.

Part of resting is trying to leave work at WORK..it's hard when you have all of your emails, cell phone calls and a worrysome client that just can't make it without you! LOL!

When I was going all out, I used a combination of coffee, energy drinks, tea extract, and acai for a needed energy boost. After awhile I was nothing but muscles, bones, and very prominent blood vessels. I needed a rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness