Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,951 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Am new to this forum,I am 25 years I need to improve my health as well as increase my weight ,can anyone give me some suggestions and trick for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times
Are you a former anorexic, bullimic, or undergone a health issue that caused you to lose a lot of weight? Is there a particular reason that you feel that you need to gain weight? How will gaining weight improve your health?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,951 times
Default Hi

I already said that am so lean,so only i want to increase my weight as well as i want to improve my health.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
how is increasing your weight going to improve your health?

id recommend peanut butter.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM

1,224 posts, read 4,000,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandersophy View Post
Hi All,

Am new to this forum,I am 25 years I need to improve my health as well as increase my weight ,can anyone give me some suggestions and trick for me.
Getting pregnant seems to do the trick.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
As far as improving your health, exercise, eat real foods not processed foods, don't smoke, don't drink in excess, no tricks just common sense.

As far as gaining weigh, that's an unusual question from a young woman unless there is a medical reason that has caused you to be too thin. Have you been told by a Dr. that you need to gain weight?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,414 times
My mother is extremely thin naturally; normally not a problem, but if she gets a flu or similar and doesn't eat for a few days, she quickly goes extremely underweight which causes issues with doing household chores. I am also thin, though not as extreme as her; both of us eat normally- probably more than most of my normal/slightly overweight friends. When my husband and I were refered for infertility treatment, I was told not to fall below a BMI of 19 (my usual is 20.5), or they would not give us treatment. So yes, there are healthy, normal people who are naturally very thin/ underweight.

In my mother's case, she was told by her doctor to add butter or cream to everything; ie have morning cereal with half cream and half milk, smother toast in butter, add butter to soups and veggies etc. In my case, when getting pregnant with twins eventually, I got a craving for donuts (the greasier the better), and my doc said that was a good thing as long as I still ate plenty of fresh veggies and such.
She was told to gain some weight

Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Getting pregnant seems to do the trick.
totally not helpful and inappropriate.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 PM

14 posts, read 23,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
how is increasing your weight going to improve your health?

id recommend peanut butter.
haha yeah absolutely!!!! and McDonald is also the wise choice for thin people.
Try to eat a lot of cheese, use butter to cook instead of oil.
Drink whole milk. EVERYDAY.
Eat like crazy, whenever wherever you have a chance, just EAT! eat while driving, eat while talking on phone, eat while surfing the internet, eat at day, eat at night. Just, you know, EAT!!!
Write a slogan and stick it where is the most eye-catching: EAT OR DIE!
Hang out with friend: eat.
Go visit a friend's home, ask her/him if she/he has anything to eat. There is no shame to ask for food, seriously (lol)

My trick is I always tell myself that if I don't gain weight, my bf is gonna leave me. So I'm scared, and I eat

GOOD LUCK!!!! and MARCH ON!!!!!!!!
All is for gaining weight!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness