Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:58 PM

65 posts, read 235,969 times

Advertisements

This is a long post.... please bare with me OK Well for the past few years(Long Time) I would eat pizza about every other day and I'm talking med/large size pizza,Well this week I put a stop to it.I have went 6 whole days without a pizza and now i have started to develop a stomach ache,Its not a bad ache, more like the feeling of needing to have a bowel movement, but when i try to move nothing comes out type of feeling.Could i be going throw withdraws or something? I have not ate nothing like like i used to this week, I'm not sure if I'm just really hungry or something else is wrong,Sunday i had chicken tenders,Monday i just had McDonald's fresh fries and a plain hamburger, Tuesday I just only had Breadsticks,Wednesday I had Wendy's French Fries,chicken Nuggets and a frosty, Thursday I had 5 pork loin sandwiches,tonight i had a bowl of chili, So I cut back on my eating a lot this week... I do not eat snacks, or drink a lot of pop, I have to admit that my stomach ache started about the time i started drinking V8 Vfusion Pomegranate blueberry drink, as I do not get enough vegetable/or fruit in my diet at all,thinking that may help and I'm not sure if this is my problem or not. but it not hurting me bad, but it feels bad to have to poop and when you try to poop nothings happens..... So I'm looking for some thoughts on this.... Also i fooled around with a pretty lady and I'm wondering if our playing together caused my stomach ache?I wouldn't think it would but I'm just throwing that out..Std causing a stomach ache is that possible? So to conclude Could changing eating foods and cutting back on food cause stomach ache?(like cold turkey?) Drinking V8 Vfusion be causing my ache ? (I doubt it but i find it odd) Fooling around with my g/f?? Or something else? and lastly the pain what pain there is feels like i have to bowel movement but when i try, I can not have one, let out some gas yes but thats about all, Yes I have Constipation,Well I'm pretty sure I do have that....and i do have Eating disorder .. Could it be a Stomach ulcer i have? I don't know so I'm posting for some suggestions,But mainly concerned on the fooling around with my girl friend and coming down with an STD... but i really do not think that what it is, Just bad timing i hope. Thanks for your time and look forward to reading suggestions, Beside going to a doctor, which is where i end up if i still have the pain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,905 times
1) Eat whenever you're hungry.
2) Eat whatever you have a craving for.
3) Eat until you're full.

You know, the way Mother Nature intended. Follow the above 3 guidelines, and you'll be fine.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
You really need some more fiber in your diet. If you're not going to eat whole grains or vegetables (french fries and iceberg lettuce don't count) then go get some of the fiber capsules or powders they sell at the drugstore. As for eating purely fast food, well you're heart won't be thankinbg you either. Do you eat that so much for the convenience? Frozen dinners would be almost as convenient and at least somewhat more healthy depending on which ones you choose. You may be young now, I don't know, but this diet is going to catch up with you sooner or later.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
And if I can't talk you out of fast food, try a bean burrito or 7 layer burrito at Taco Bell, or a veggie sub somewhere like Quizno's (they're good, I swear) to incorporate more vegetables. For less fatty options try one of Subway's lower fat options like the chicken teriyaki sub. There are betterand worse choices you can make.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:51 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You're constipated. You're not going through pizza withdrawal. A STD doesn't cause constipation.

A change in diet will often cause a change in bowel movements. You should probably take a laxative or a stool softener, or eat some prunes. There are different kinds of laxatives...milk of magnesia will work in an hour or so, but it's definitely not a gentle laxative. Glycerin suppositories work pretty well and pretty fast, as long as you aren't too embarrassed to buy them. Something like metamucil is not what you want in this case. A stool softener like dulcolax will take a day or two to work.

I don't know why you stopped eating pizza, if you're replacing it with chicken nuggets and fries. If you're not going to eat things that are more healthy, then you might as well eat what you like. If you continue on like you have this week, try adding some dried fruit as a snack every day to keep you from getting backed up again. And drink more water.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Go to Overeater's Anonymous. Five pork sandwiches?

The fast food will kill you and it won't be pretty! Start making healthy sandwiches at home.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:21 AM

130 posts, read 902,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

You know, the way Mother Nature intended. Follow the above 3 guidelines, and you'll be fine.

There's a difference between knowing you body and what kind of food it's asking for (what the body needs) and a craving!
Mother Nature is relevant if a person is natural.
With all of the junk and preservatives that people eat and with our tendency to overeat and use food for reasons other than nutrition, the relationship with Mother Nature has been hugely compromised.
And often the foods that we crave are foods that we are allergic and/or addicted to.
O.P. .... the junk food is hugely problematic ... for everyone but especially for someone who is dealing with digestive and bowel issues.
You need to get back to the basics.
Fresh fruits, fresh vegetables (lightly steamed as opposed to raw since you're having digestive problems), fresh fish, chicken breast, eggs.
And please get off of the cheese!!!
It's one of the worst things to eat if you're dealing with chronic constipation.
There are good natural products that will help with constipation but first, make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
I'd avoid the over the counter phamaceutical products and go natural.
If you have a local health food store, go check it out.
These are two excellent products.
I have lots of experience with bowel / constipation issues.

Nature's Way - Cascara Sagrada,

Planetary Formulations - Tri-Cleanse Complete Internal Cleanser

And ginger (not the sweet ginger candy) or ginger tea is a great aid to digestion and also helps to move / pass the gas which it seems you have quite a bit of.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Herbal Tea

And that V8 blueberry whatever drink is not something that someone with poor digestion should be ingesting!!!
I'm thinking that the pain in your belly is caused by a lot of gas (no wonder with the food you're eating and the way you're combining your food) and that you're quite backed up ... that your colon needs some emptying!
It's really difficult to deal with nutritional issues when there's also an eating disorder but somehow you need to find a way to start feeding your body in a healthy way.
Perhaps really beginning to educate yourself about food, nutrition and the true needs of your body can be a way to begin to deal with your eating disorder.
I've been there .... i know the agony of the eating disorder ... i was a "running bulimic" (binged and exercised [ran like 10 miles a day ] instead of throwing up) for many years.
It's a difficult struggle.
And it may involve dealing with some deeper issues that you have.
Perhaps childhood trauma? sexual abuse?
Take care.
And get those bowels moving.

Last edited by tireeskye; 04-09-2011 at 11:34 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
If you are committed to begin eating healthy, a colon cleanse would not hurt, either.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
This may sound blunt but your eating habits are AWFUL!

Why would you eat that much fast food?

You are constipated, you are not having pizza withdrawl.

Eat berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries), pears, figs, papaya, oranges, apples, grapes, oatmeal, fresh veggies and drink a lot of water. Have some prunes if you must as well. Those will all get you cleaned out.

Then don't go back to your fast food diet.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

And may I also add, go take a crap when you're full.

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness