Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,605,736 times

Advertisements

I can't take it anymore! I'm going insane!

My face has been inching for over a week!

I thought it was new makeup. I quit wearing makeup. It still itches.

I thought it was new shampoo. I quit using that shampoo. It still itches.

I thought it might be seasonal allergies. I took benedryl. I'm stoned now. It still itches.

It won't stop itching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,618,628 times
Are you near menopause age? Hormonal changes can cause face itching.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:01 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,582,737 times
new fabric softener? new laundry liquid? new bleach? anything that could touch your face (sheets, towels, clothes) could be the culprit.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,628,186 times
You might even be experiencing a stress-related neural response. I have a chronic itch in this one little tiny spot on my cheek near my nose. If you look closely with a magnifying glass, you won't see anything different. It looks just like normal skin. There's no hair stuck in it, no bump, discoloration. But when I'm stressed, this little spot starts to itch. Doctor gave me a name for this thing, and explained that in layman's terms, it's just a very minor twitch in a nerve. He said there's nothing to do for it unless the itch causes me to scratch til it bleeds. Then, he'll have to deaden it with a laser or a hot needle, and that would likely leave a scar. No treatment, it comes and goes, and doesn't particularly bother me. It did when it first started happening though. I couldn't figure out why I was itching so badly and couldn't see a spider bite!

Old 04-22-2011, 03:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,719,658 times
certain meds can cause it. Are you on any medication? (besides the Benadryl)

Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 PM

4 posts, read 156,555 times
Maybe it's eczema? Are you getting red, scaly patches? Stress can play a big factor with skin issues.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,692,069 times
Agree, those are the usual first questions. Do you have a rash? Been into poison ivy? Insect bites?

Maybe a dermatologist visit? Sounds like it is time, so you don't lose your mind . You could try hydrocortisone cream to your face and the Benadryl together for a few days....

Hope you feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
new fabric softener? new laundry liquid? new bleach? anything that could touch your face (sheets, towels, clothes) could be the culprit.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,563,841 times
It's also worth noting that it could be any of the topical things you listed (the makeup, the shampoo), and it's just taking your skin a little while to stop being annoyed after you stopped applying it. That happened once when my mom recommended a new lotion. I tried it just one time and immediately my legs broke out all red and itching. It was terrible. I washed it off, applied hydrocortisone, took benadryl, the whole thing. It still took a few weeks for it to go away entirely.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 PM

360 posts, read 1,528,069 times
Default My guess is an allergic reaction

If your skin is pink or red (kind of like a sunburn), it could also be rosacea. I've got rosacea, and certain makeup, windy days or too much sun aggravate it. Several years ago, I also started itching all over... changed laundry detergent, washed sheets and towels in plain water (to get rid of any possible traces of soap), changed moisturizer, and still could not figure it out because I had no rash. Doctor wasn't much help, either. Basically gave me a shoulder shrug.

The more I thought about it, the worse it got! I forget how it finally resolved itself, but it took at least a couple of weeks of carrying a tube of Benadryl around for the worst flare-ups. I've found that the less I do to my skin, the better it looks and feels. It's the hardest thing to do, but try not to dwell on it!

Hope you get relief soon!

Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,412,629 times
It could also be neurological. I used to get a lot of itches and tingling sensations in my face when I had fibro. I think it was a side effect of Lyrica. Then again Lyrica gave me so many side effects I don't know what was the fibro and what was just the Lyrica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness