Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM

138 posts, read 254,409 times

Advertisements

Also known as excessive sweating. I'm not talking about sweating more than normal. I mean excessively sweating at all times. Even when your cold and during the dead of winter. Anyone else got this? It's real pain in behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,665,527 times
Yep. Always said my husband could sweat in a snowstorm. And now me with menopause, I never know when I will be sweating, especially at night. I agree! It is a PIA!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
Default absolutely-

started when I was 42 in 2004. happened at night while asleep, pillow was soaked in moisture. this has been on and off over the years. i found wrapping the pillow in a towel or throw will block the pillow from getting soaked when you sleep.

I have sleep apnea so it could be from that.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:25 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Yes I have had it since I was 14, now 43 got the expensive nerve surgery 20 years ago, and while my hands don't sweat, it now comes out of different places. Thanks Pop for giving me your sweating gene. It runs on his side of the family. Sage can help, cutting back on caffeine and spicy food too.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Oh yeah, I have it. It is really nasty, sweat pouring off of every pore (starting on my scalp and ending at my feet). My Docs have been puzzled by this for over a decade now.

I have to take 3-4 complete changes of clothing with me everywhere I go and it is so embarrassing. I have found that neurontin helps (the new generation of this drug is lyrica but it doesn't work as well for me).

I have been told that the cutting of the nerves or botox won't work for me since the sweat is not localized. ICK!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Oh yeah, I have it. It is really nasty, sweat pouring off of every pore (starting on my scalp and ending at my feet). My Docs have been puzzled by this for over a decade now.

I have to take 3-4 complete changes of clothing with me everywhere I go and it is so embarrassing. I have found that neurontin helps (the new generation of this drug is lyrica but it doesn't work as well for me).

I have been told that the cutting of the nerves or botox won't work for me since the sweat is not localized. ICK!
I don't have it as bad as some, though honestly it was so depressing as a teen I never had a girlfriend until after the surgery. It's kind hard to hold hands when they are almost dripping. Back then it was a complicated surgery cost my family about 20k and I have a large scar half way done my spine. Moving to Denver has helped, although not this last summer! But like someone said on another sweating thread that atleast the sweat on my shirt here evaportes.

You can also try Robinul Forte 2mg that has worked for me over the 20 years but it give you dry mouth, dry eyes, and some initial constipation.

You know what's weird I noticed, maybe it's common sense who knows? When I eat less calories in a day I don't sweat. I was obese now overweight, and when I was eating approx. 1000 calories a day it could be 85F in our house this summer and less sweat. Unfortunately, the weight loss only slightly improved my sweating condition.

If I had to do it over again, the surgery, would I? I don't know that I would. The compensatory sweating has been so bad. Before the surgery I sweat a lot from my hands, my right armpit, my forehead, and my feet.

Now I sweat a lot off my chest, back, groin, and my feet sweat even more.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Interesting because when I google search Lyrica and Hyperhidrosis is says that drug can cause it. What has also helped me is Klonopin because I believe now, my hyperhidrosis is related to my generalized anxiety disorder which my Dad has as well.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Interesting because when I google search Lyrica and Hyperhidrosis is says that drug can cause it. What has also helped me is Klonopin because I believe now, my hyperhidrosis is related to my generalized anxiety disorder which my Dad has as well.
I do not know why the neurontin works for me but I do have a really long, complicated and dreadfully boring medical history. I was on neurontin 1 pill 3 times a day ( for pain & tremors due to stroke) but my Doc soon upped it to 2 more pills every 4 hours when I had to leave the house - while it never stopped the drenching it did keep it to mere dripping as if I had just stepped out of a pool instead of still being submerged in the pool.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I do not know why the neurontin works for me but I do have a really long, complicated and dreadfully boring medical history. I was on neurontin 1 pill 3 times a day ( for pain & tremors due to stroke) but my Doc soon upped it to 2 more pills every 4 hours when I had to leave the house - while it never stopped the drenching it did keep it to mere dripping as if I had just stepped out of a pool instead of still being submerged in the pool.
I am sorry that must be hard to be female with hyperhidrosis and in a humid climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness