U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 31,142,915 times

Advertisements

This weekend i had bad IBS. I ate too much for dinner when i already had diarhhea Friday afternoon then i was so uncomfortable yesterday I slept a lot (unusual for me since I only sleep when i have a fever or a virus) and didn't eat lunch or dinner. no fever at all

this AM i had breakfast and lunch but have been having more of the "big D" but it seems to have subsided with the help of Pepto Bismol. still some light cramps though

I am alternating between being partially hungry and a bit queasy but I wonder if it's because I'm paying my rent 6 days late for the first time in 6 years(scared of what the landlord's reaction will be, I notified him of the lateness and paid the late fee already), my company is having an inspection in the summer and everyone is going crazy, i have some tax debt and my mom is undergoing cancer treatments, and I don't have much social support at all

my stomach feels like it tied up in a knot. not sure if it's from the IBS or from worry

any ideas?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 AM

10,347 posts, read 23,194,463 times
Simple answer? Yes.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,112,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Simple answer? Yes.
I have nothing more to add.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM

19,858 posts, read 61,721,455 times
HAve you been diagnosed with IBS? It doesn't simply come on out of the blue. You could just have experienced the effects of stress, had a food-related illness, or a "bug" in your system. I only ask b/c a lot of people use the term "IBS" rather loosely.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,397,554 times
Absolutely. Stress usually has the opposite effect on me though. I wish it would make me lose my appetite. The nausea part wouldn't be fun though.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM

Default it's gone now but this weekend wasn't fun.

i slept a lot Saturday tho there was no fever at all (96 upon waking to 97.8 late in the day)

it finally all went away Sunday night

not sure if it was something i ate ( I know I ordered too many tacos Friday evening and put salsa on every one) or a virus but there was no fever so i assumed it wasn't a virus

here's what's weird. everytime i have an issue with IBS(either D or C), i experience itchiness/slight discomfort in my varicose veins and even male parts gets a slight flash of pain going thru them

I was hospitalized for superficial phlebitis 6 years ago where i was on an IV for 5 days. before and after that i had issues with testicular pain and itchy varicose veins and a lot of IBS for about 2 years after that

could this be an immune system response in the digestive tract? I have been told it could be

Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM

665 posts, read 1,640,361 times
It's NOT "I.B.S." !

It's "I.B." ........

............... it's only I.B.S. if you pay big money to a doctor and THEY call it "I.B.S."

Seriously, you either ate some tainted food or you have a virus.

BUT! there is a chance that you are developing an intolerance to a food that you have always been able to eat before, thereby causing "I.B.S."

Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Default is it possible to have had a virus with no fever at all?

tho the diarrhea went away SUnday night, and i was good yesterday, today i had D slightly in the afternoon and i still have a little bit of cramping in the upper abdomen. i had urgency but it was not D. is it possible if it was tainted food can it come back or would you say 3-4 days it should be on it's way out?

i also take metformin 1000 mg twice a day is it possible that can be aggravating things?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Default i was just in the supermarket buying dinner

when i felt a sharp cramp and urgency which felt like diarrhea. i went home and it turned out to be nothing more than mostly flatulence and a small amount of non-diarrhea

my temp is 98. yet my stomach feels queasy, can it be the metformin or maybe the life circumstances i mentioned in my first post?

this is common for me to feel hungry, then when i get home to eat i lose my appetite

i mean if it was foodbourne or a virus i would be going thru worse than this right?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:39 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,432,179 times
well, if you do not have a virus or flu. I wonder if Align would help you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness