Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 AM

245 posts, read 763,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Since I am alergic to milk,I have soy milk with cereal,add blueberries,hump seed powder,and oat bran cereal and pumpkins...
Sounds like a very healthy breakfast indeed. Too bad more women don't follow the same nutritional guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 04:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,533,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Brocolli... Yuck, blechh... can't stand the stuff. Is it any coincidence that brocolli and kryptonite are both green? I don't think so! I'll stick with kale or chard, thank you very much.

If I could add one food to the list it would be walnuts. They're extremely good for the cardiovascular system in general.
Just for you Sleestak...lol...

Yeap good ol' Brocolli. One of the best Cancer fighting foods on earth with so many different plant phytochemicals to destroy more different types of Cancer cells. In fact is the base of all my Salads and not lettuce or kale...

Here's some more info.....
WHFoods: Broccoli

Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 AM

245 posts, read 763,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Just for you Sleestak...lol...

Yeap good ol' Brocolli...
Not that! Anything but... BROCCOLI!!! Arghhh... growing weaker...room spinning...arteries unclogging...must try to hold on.

Foiled Again. Curse you, Cruciferous Crusader! You'll never get away with this.

Tune in next week for another exciting episode: [Part 36- Curse of the Deadly Cheddar Ray!!!]

Old 08-05-2007, 05:10 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,536,256 times
Default Did someone say Cheddar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Not that! Anything but... BROCCOLI!!! Arghhh... growing weaker...room spinning...arteries unclogging...must try to hold on.

Foiled Again. Curse you, Cruciferous Crusader! You'll never get away with this.

Tune in next week for another exciting episode: [Part 36- Curse of the Deadly Cheddar Ray!!!]
Oh, good. Broccoli with melted cheddar, Hmmm good.Not too often tho'

Old 08-05-2007, 08:14 AM

72,338 posts, read 18,161,780 times
that is a very pretty picture of a brocolli. Maybe I should print it out and staring at it maybe i will eat it

Old 08-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,055,167 times
harry o - what a great idea to start your salad with brocolli instead of lettuce. You know it's amazing the longer you eat vegetables and fruits the more you crave them. I just can't get enough anymore, and am so tired of the limited menu that restaurants provide for someone that wants some vegetables on their plate.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:09 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,948,123 times
My salads start with lettuce as a base, then I add very thin slices of celery, carrotts, purple cabbage, raddishes, etc....attempting to get any array of colors into the mix. I frequently add walnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoe, & avacado. A salad ain't a salad without some crunchies! Having tastebuds like mine, I'm just about ALWAYS disappointed with restaurant salads consisting of greens and unripe tomatoes....where's the crunchies?

happy salads.....Franco

Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,005,177 times
I had to force myself to consume broccoli years ago when I found out that it was so good for the body and helped fight cancer ...especially raw. Now, it's just a regular part of my diet. I too have salads where the major ingredient is raw broccoli, however, I use spinach and/or cabbage as base as a substitute for lettuce.

--'rocco

Old 08-05-2007, 04:08 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,055,167 times
I just went out and bought some brocolli and spinach for my salad, can't wait for dinner!

Old 08-05-2007, 04:44 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,533,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
harry o - what a great idea to start your salad with brocolli instead of lettuce.
Earniefan....i do like the fresh leaf vege'e i.e. Kale and Spinach but they wilt after several days in the fridge and i can't handle that so i by the 4 lbs bag of frozen brocolli (smiths grocery) and take 2 handfuls as my base then add or mix Cucumber, Red Onion, Avacado, Tomato, Carrots etc. I do not use Salad Dressing as trans fats and other additives i don't trust so i buy the little cans (8 oz) of Tomato Sauce and pour it on it and add Cayenne and Garlic and a teaspoon of Olive Oil and mix it all up and its like a Salad Dressing (just my prefer) and i do eat meat as i'm not a vegetarrian usually Skinless Chicken Breast or Wld Game lean meat when on sale (Wild Oats).

Dessert is Frozen Blueberries and Green Tea with Five Fish Oil softgels and a Multisupplement and thats an example of an meal for me.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness