Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 PM

214 posts, read 705,383 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking at starting college soon with my GI bill. I really want to get into the health field. PT is one of the majors I have been considering. I am looking at getting my associates for Physical Therapy Assistant to start out with. Can anyone tell me about this career field? I am looking at attending Baker College, ever heard of it? Your thoughts?

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-19-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 03:06 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,597,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCommander View Post
Hello, I am looking at starting college soon with my GI bill. I really want to get into the health field. PT is one of the majors I have been considering. I am looking at getting my associates for Physical Therapy Assistant to start out with. Can anyone tell me about this career field? I am looking at attending Baker College, ever heard of it? Your thoughts?
The demand for this field is high... in the medical field period for that matter; competition for those position ( in schools) are high also. Do you have your basic classes? They must be a B or better to be even considered but since you are military you may have one up on everyone else. All (or should I say most) medical field require hours of observation. Have you done this and got your letter from those you observed? Do you like dealing with people..mentally, physically? You will have to do HEAVY lifting, bowel movements, body odors and bad attitude from staff, family and the patient.
The medical field requires dedication, sleepless nights,writing research papers and on the computer all the time and no funtimes for several years. If you can handle that, then it's doable.
To find out about a schools and answers you questions, go to some of the PT/PTA forums out there; just google them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness