Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 PM

550 posts, read 980,749 times

Advertisements

A few days ago, I stayed at a hotel. I saw a few little brown bugs. One on the desk next to the bed, one on the dresser, and one on the bed. I did not wake up with any bites. I only saw a few of them and left that hotel the next day. I looked up pictures of bedbugs, but the bugs I saw were not fat like they showed in the pictures. They were tiny, thin bugs. I stayed at another hotel the next few nights and did not see any bugs at all, however I did bring my clothes to the laundry just to be safe. I do have some bites on me now, but that was because I was attacked by mosquitos when I took a walk down to the lake without bugspray on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,659,875 times
"thin" as in flat? Surely a smalltowngirl knows what ticks look like, right?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:12 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,041,602 times
Generally, there is a noticeable difference bewteen mosquito bites and bed bug bites.
They aren't always big and fat, depending on the stage of growth.
Washing and high-heat dryng everything you had with you was the best thing to do.

Plenty of pictures to compare to.
bed bugs - Google Search

Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Also keeping your luggage zipped up at all times while in the room will prevent travelers from hitching a ride home.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:10 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Generally, there is a noticeable difference bewteen mosquito bites and bed bug bites.
They aren't always big and fat, depending on the stage of growth.
Washing and high-heat dryng everything you had with you was the best thing to do.

Plenty of pictures to compare to.
bed bugs - Google Search
Looking at these pictures gives me the willies!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,714,814 times
OK, y'all study those pix really well and look at what an infested mattress looks like. Then, whenever you go to stay in a hotel room, park your bags in the tub and do the mattress check and look for those spots like you see in the pix. Don't stick around if you see any signs of them at all, at all, b/c you will have a heck of a time getting rid of them. I've heard the best thing to do is to tie your luggage up in a black plastic garbage bag and lay it in the sun for a few hours. I traveled around the world a few years ago and I never stayed anywhere w/o doing the bb check and found evidence twice in all my travels but I never got them.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:39 PM

677 posts, read 929,123 times
Bugs in your room especially on the bed are strong indicators of bed bugs. Those bites you got just might be bb bites, sometimes the bites don't show up for 4-6 days. If you ever spot bugs in your room again immediately bring it to the front desk's attention & request another room, & do look for bb's before bringing your luggage in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness