Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 55,175 times

Advertisements

I have a round, blurry spot in the middle of the vision of my right eye. It comes and goes, sometimes months in between. I varies in degree of blurriness, from just barely blurry to a gray spot. I found a forum in which someone had the same problem and he was diagnosed with Central Serous Retinopathy. The root cause is stress however technically is a build up of fluid behind the retina forming a 'bubble' which blurs your central vision. I forget the fluid but it's triggered by stress (cortina or something like that). Diabetes sufferers can be affected. It is common and affects people between 20-40. Mine started at about 35. It makes reading very difficult, depth perception is off and night driving is a bit more tedious. The things you can do is reduce the things that are causing you stress. For example, my latest bout I'm sure is caused by a lack of proper sleep. I've been on about 3 weeks of very low amount of sleep and it's pumping my blood pressure up too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 54,413 times
Eyes are scary things, right now im scared cuz i took out my contacts cuz they were bothering me and now i cant see out of my left eye. every answer i get online include surgery, but i dont even know wut i did. any guesses??

Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbballinxoxx55 View Post
Eyes are scary things, right now im scared cuz i took out my contacts cuz they were bothering me and now i cant see out of my left eye. every answer i get online include surgery, but i dont even know wut i did. any guesses??
There are a number of conditions that have these symptoms, especially in contact lens wearers. The important thing is that you see an eye doctor ASAP! Do not wait. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:18 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
If you have never worn glases, I would strongly recommend that for your first time you make an apointment to see a proper ophthalmologist. Phone the office and see how much he charges for an office call fir a general eye exam as well as refraction for any glasses you might need. It is likely to be under $100, and part of it might be covered by your insurance. If he gives you a clean bill of eye health and just prescribes glasses, you can then rely on the WalMart optometrist for the next 5 or ten years, as long as you don't have any specific problems.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 54,355 times
I have seen the eye dr. Yesterday and he didnt' say what i have. But there is a very large difference in rx in each eye. The left eye is lazy. I had surgery on the lid to open it more. And it seem to still be lazy. That eye is blurred. The right eye is seeing for the left eye and for itself. So i have to wear byfocals. And not wanting to. But dr. Says i have to wear them all the time. There are computer glasses but insurance doesn't cover them. And i dont' have the money at the moment. So i have just incresed text.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 51,502 times
Default blurry vision in 1 eye

Anyone know why the eyes would take turns being blurry? I just had my exam a month ago and started a new RX at the same time. My far sightedness had improved significantly since last year, due to middle age changes.

Over the last few days, each day one eye is blurry but it's a different eye every day. I put in new lenses, so that's not it. ???

Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
my blurry vision in one eye turned out to be macular degeneration at age 61-the youngest patient by 10 years my doctor had seen. Wet in one eye and dry in the other. I get shots in my eyeball once a month but it has not helped.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:22 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Macular degeneration can start usually after 55 or so. About 90% of the population that has AMD has the dry kind and 10% has the wet kind.

The shots are not necessarily to improve the vision, although it will sometimes even if short term, but to stabilize the vision and keep it from getting worse.
The shots are usually about every 6 weeks. Do you know which drug they are injecting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness