Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,157,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Like sometimes everyonce in a while my heart will feel like it's in pain a bit like it's aching, and when I breath in before I breath out my heart will feel like it's hurting. But not like all the time. And keep in mind that I'm a person who exercises almost every week and is in good shape.
If it hurts when you breathe in, it could be gas pressing against your diaphragm. The first time that happened to me I was in college, and since my mother had just had a heart attack, I rushed to the student health clinic, where the nurse patiently explained to me that the bubble would soon move and take the pressure off my diaphragm. You should, of course, ask a doctor, but the fact that it hurts when you breathe in, but not out, makes gas pushing on the diaphragm a very possible culprit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM

4 posts, read 17,063 times
I would say this is most likely a muscle spasm or cardiac arterial spasms. People with this condition often times express that it feels as if their heart is aching, particularly when they breath inwards. I would go and see your doctor though just to make sure. You never know until the proper tests are done.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,922,018 times
If you listen to anyone other than those saying to see your physician, you're nuts.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,265,302 times
GAS! That's what i experience..

Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 AM

2,866 posts, read 3,622,749 times
If you want to know about where your heart is try this. Make a fist and stick up your thumb like you are hitchhiking. Now stick the top of your thumb against the top of your rib cage where your collar bones come together and lay your fist down on your chest. That is about where your heart is and about it's size. That said, if the pain is in that area it still could be a lot of things. You work out you said. Could be a chest muscle, ligament or tendon. Could have to do with your lungs. A lot depends. Can you duplicat it by doing something? Does it subside upon rest? Is it a shooting pain or dull pain, throbbing or constant. What brings it on and how long does it last? If it is causing you this much concern the best thing to do is see your doctor and tell him/her all about it, all the characteristics that I mentioned.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM

177 posts, read 266,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Like sometimes everyonce in a while my heart will feel like it's in pain a bit like it's aching, and when I breath in before I breath out my heart will feel like it's hurting. But not like all the time. And keep in mind that I'm a person who exercises almost every week and is in good shape.
Get ur blood pressure checked. And take relaxing bath.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,731 times
I too have a similar feeling. It is just there, and the only way to describe it is a dull aching sensation. It is hard to describe, I can just feel my heart...it is behind my left breast. I have have EKGs, chest X-ray and an Echo which have come back normal. It stresses me out!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,765,245 times
There is a forum called skippinghearts.com that you might get some responses from.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,076,796 times
There are times when I have a peculiar feeling in my chest that I cannot really describe. It feels like I have a hole there. It used to worry me, but I am not dead yet, so I guess it is not that serious. It happens more when I am very tired or have not gotten enough sleep.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,144 times
I have an odd feeling near my heart some times , it feels as if my heart beats extremely fast and some is pressing down on my chest. It especially does this when I first wake up. Sometimes it last minutes and other times hours. Any suggest what it may be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness