U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,342,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I would never do such a crass thing, but then I am not one of the people bashing fat people in this thread either. I would, however, tell a fat basher a thing or two.
But you have no problem calling them "fat people" here on the net though do you? You are just like everyone else.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM

6,043 posts, read 13,459,389 times
I'm not sure how things are in other states, but I read the other day in a local paper that Oregon has decided to cover weight loss surgery to help severely obese people.

Nobody wants to change up their diet and exercise. They'd rather sit at home and be fat and ask Uncle Sam to pick up the tab and solve their problems for them. And be sure to keep those disability checks comin'.... OH... and where's my free scooter?

Obese people don't need lap band surgery. They need support, motivation, therapy. I'd support something like that - free therapy for people trying to lose weight. The gov't should make Weight Watcher's free to fat people. That would be a better solution.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM

6,043 posts, read 13,459,389 times
Why is using the word "fat" so offensive? Even fat people know they're fat. They say they are fat. Everybody knows what fat means. It's silly to get all PC over something like being fat. Overweight, obese, fat... it all means the same thing: you're carrying around more weight than your bones were meant to carry. Of course, there are certain degree's in difference among the words... fat, heavy, obese, severely obese, etc. But fat is fat... it's the added weight people carry around. It's not big-boned, because bones aren't fat. Fat is fat. The rolls on heavy obese overweight people - that's fat. Why is that offensive? If it hurts a fat person's feelings, I am sorry. But it is what it is, and I think the whole PC thing has gone too far in this afraid I'm gonna get sued so I better not say what I really mean society.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM

710 posts, read 1,358,696 times
I get that most people don,t want to be fat. But if thats the case stop shoveling food down your throat and get some exercise. Im tired of hearing all of the excuses. This Country seems to have alot of people with foot and ankle injuries and thyroid conditions.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM

106 posts, read 252,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
For the sake of the English language, you could have made an admission way earlier, rather than prolonging the inevitable

This is where knee-jerk reaction gets you
Nearly nothing you've said makes any sense to me, and I'm a reasonably smart person. You are annoying.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM

19,020 posts, read 26,266,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kronk View Post
Nearly nothing you've said makes any sense to me, and I'm a reasonably smart person. You are annoying.
Apparently it seems reading comprehension and vocabulary aren't part of it

Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Reading comprehension? Really? Let's review, shall we?
You said this...

Quote:
And another famous quote:

"My doctor said I need to reduce my amount of red meat"

You don't need a doctor to figure that out
to which I intentionally replied this...

Quote:
That Doctor is completely incorrect. And so are you.

Other than in cases were people have an allergic reaction to the meat (which does exist), red meat is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods available. I especially recommend organic grass fed beef, from cows that weren't treated like trash, but cared for well as they should be. Cows were not meant to eat corn! or any other grains. The only reason cows eat that stuff is because idiotic humans feed it to them for a host of selfish reasons, chief among them being $$$.

Red meat does not cause cancer, colon or otherwise. The studies that 'showed' that were done incorrectly and did not account for confounding factors present within the group of people and conditions used. Studies are verrrrrrry tricky to get right. The vast majority of studies are wrong, with wrong conclusions and misleading 'facts'. Yet the entire world bases everything we eat from these studies because they are well funded by giants in the industry. There's almost always a ploy. It's an iron curtain folks. I'm not a conspiracist. I'm just telling you the truth.
My reply was completely appropriate. I believe that the Doctor was incorrect to advise that person to reduce his red meat intake. So when I say... "The Doctor is incorrect. And so are you." That is exactly what I meant to say. But for some reason, you felt the need to say this...

Quote:
Reading comprehension, compadres??

Watch the word "reduce". You can't take a ton of red meat every meal, just coz it's healthy. You surely know where that ton goes.
I don't know where you come up with the notion that i missed the word 'reduce'. I didn't. So I replied with this...

Quote:
Oh please. Give me a break. No reading comprehension problem here.

You said that you don't need a Doctor to tell you to reduce red meat consumption. I'm saying that almost nobody needs to be told that. Very few people in the world are eating too much red meat. I know people that eat 2 pounds per day, every day, and they are fit and happy with their health.

Unless the red meat is unhealthy red meat, it ain't the red meat.
Do you see the word "reduce" in my reply. I DO! But for some ridiculously weird reason, your brain spit out this remark, which is completely nonsense...

Quote:
Jack, you're embarrassing yourself. Read again, the doctor advises the patient to "reduce" the red meat. I never stated the doctor told him that red meat was bad. Again, reading comprehension, mate. If you don't like to admit it, fine. But don't pretend and project that you got it all right. Nobody needs a doctor to figure out that a ton of red meat goes towards the adipose.

And those 2 pound eaters, definitely, they are sitting at home doing sedentary work and playing video games, right? Some detail you are trying to ignore there.
Do you see how you made it seem like I hadn't seen the word "reduce"? I DO! Yet it is right there in my reply. And you think I have a reading comprehension problem?

Then I finally just threw in the towel with you, because you are irrational.
Quote:
I don't like to waste my efforts on irrational thinking, so you win. The Doctor is correct. So are you, in all regards.
But you still wanted to antagonize me, but you put a smiley face so you think you're cute.
Quote:
For the sake of the English language, you could have made an admission way earlier, rather than prolonging the inevitable

This is where knee-jerk reaction gets you
Then I call you annoying... because you just didn't like that I had disagreed with you about the Doctor's advice about meat, and so you conclude that it's best to try to antagonize me, so you go back to the reading comprehension again....

Quote:
Apparently it seems reading comprehension and vocabulary aren't part of it
As I said before... you aren't making any sense, and I've just proved it here.

Last edited by Jack Kronk; 08-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: quotes

Old 08-05-2011, 05:55 PM

19,020 posts, read 26,266,810 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension? Really? Let's review, shall we?
You said this...

to which I intentionally replied this...

My reply was completely appropriate. I believe that the Doctor was incorrect to advise that person to reduce his red meat intake. So when I say... "The Doctor is incorrect. And so are you." That is exactly what I meant to say. But for some reason, you felt the need to say this...

I don't know where you come up with the notion that i missed the word 'reduce'. I didn't. So I replied with this...

Do you see the word "reduce" in my reply. I DO! But for some ridiculously weird reason, your brain spit out this remark, which is completely nonsense...

Do you see how you made it seem like I hadn't seen the word "reduce"? I DO! Yet it is right there in my reply. And you think I have a reading comprehension problem?

Then I call you annoying... because you just didn't like that I had disagreed with you about the Doctor's advice about meat, and so you conclude that it's best to try to antagonize me, so you go back to the reading comprehension again....

As I said before... you aren't making any sense, and I've just proved it here.
No, you listen to me, clearly, I wish I had a white board for you, my friend.

An already overweight person struggling with weight consumes too much red meat at every instance he can.

He already knows it. He visits the doctor who tells him to cut his red meat intake and take it in moderation. And diversify his food including healthier vegetables and the like.

Something the patient already knows.

And here you come running your mouth on cows and the corn they are fed with. Whether you like it or not, red meat is rich in calories, which piles on the daily calorific intake which the person clearly is overtaking, which is not helping with his weight at all.

Jack, please, for your own sake, you need to let this one pass. I was very clear from the get go. Your embarrassment is something of your own making. Piling over it was your fixation towards trying to defend yourself from not looking berserk for going off on a tangent with everything that has nothing to do with calorific intake and deficit.

I understand, all of us say something which we wish we didn't say, and sometimes it's too late. But over-defence is just not gonna cut it. You can enjoy your little red meat all you want You're a smart guy, allegedly, and quite reasonably at that Hope this helped.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM

red meat is not the problem. my point stands. i am not embarrassed in any way.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:11 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,756,601 times
I can pretty much guarantee that people aren't overweight because they're eating red meat. It's the take out pizza, french fries, chips, soda, and beer in huge and frequent portions that are the real culprits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness