Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM

37 posts, read 129,639 times

Advertisements

In February of 2009 my girlfriend had to take me to the ER because I had terrible stomach pain radiating into my back. They did an ultrasound and discovered I have gallstones. Well, since then I had a few attacks, mostly after eating too much dairy or fatty foods. But I noticed that if I cut back on those foods, I seem to have less attacks and the severity is less as well.

With that background, I was wondering how many people have gall stones but have managed them with diet and how long they have gone without having them removed? I imagine one day I will have to have them removed, but as long as my attcks are minimal and not too severe, I feel like forgoing surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 11:18 AM

37 posts, read 129,639 times
Any replies?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensivesojourner View Post
Any replies?

I had symptoms from mine for only a few months before I had my gallbladder removed. I was having more chronic day to day pain than a classic attack.

What you need to know is whether there are any stones that might get into the duct between the gallbladder and the intestine. That can cause a blockage, a lot of pain, and jaundice. If you are in a situation where that can occur, probably better to have the surgery sooner than later.

With laparoscopic surgery, the recovery is quick for most people.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM

55 posts, read 268,186 times
I had an attack and went to the emergency room, I said I had chest pains. I got hooked up to a heart monitor and spent the nite. The next morning they did an ultrasound of my gall bladder and determined I had gall stones.
I went home and about 2 months later another attack, thats when I had my gall bladder removed,went home in 4 hours. Since then I can eat anything and don't have any heartburn.
Bottom line is get it removed and be done with it, its easy and does'nt hurt, and you'll be better off.
Good luck

Old 08-04-2011, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 11,575 times
I was told I had gallstones the day after Thanksgiving in 2006 and I still have not had them removed. I only feel anything from them maybew twice a month. Then I just eat a applysauce for the rest of the day like my doctor told me. the BRAT diet. Bananas Rice Toast and Applysause.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
First thing to say is that gallstones attack can be nasty and in really extreme cases the gallstone can block the tube leading into the gut. However, thats not particularly common.

I had a couple of attacks - one where I was in hospital for a few days on antibiotics due to an infection, and one trip to the emergency dept and a stay in for a couple of days.

Both times they suggested I have my gallbladder out but I resisted.

What I did was to go to curezone.com and look up liver & gallbladder flushes. Then I read up on as much as I could and then I did one of these liver and gb flushes.

5 years on, it seems that you can get over this problem, the same way I have. BUT, I have done about 20 liver and gb flushes in that time. Now I dont get problems but I do still do a l & gb flush about once every 6 months or when I start to feel like I need one.

To me now, it feels like someone is poking me in the right side just below the ribs and forward a little. If you put (touch your side, not dig in) your finger there, that is what it feels like to me, and as I say it happens about 1ce every 6 months or so. Then I know it is time to do another L & gb flush.

So with that said, I encourage everyone to investigate this method of sorting out your gb problems as it actually clears out a lot of stuff from the liver as well. We all need this due to normal everyday living and can actually make us healthier too.

It is true, sometimes this method is inappropriate for you and surgery is best, however, it IS an option which most doctors do not tell you about (or they make it sound dangerous - more dangerous than surgery anyway!) As with everything there are risks involved and to a certain extent it depends how large your gallstones are. However, people have pictures of large gallstones of an inch and a quarter which came out via normal channels, so these things are possible.

I bought the Andreas Moritz ebook on the Amazing liver and gallbladder flush which really helped reassure me, as it is pretty scary the first time or two you do a l & gb flush!

The actual flush itself is not that bad and one method consists of drinking 1 liitre of apple joice each day for 6 days and then on the night of the 'flush', the flush consists of some doses of Epsom Salts, and one dose of olive oil and grapefruit juice. There are other methods and ingredients too.

Anyway, something to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness