U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM

480 posts, read 1,025,828 times

Advertisements

My wife has been getting after me to treat this post nasal drip which (i think) came about from some yard work I've been doing the past 2 days. I hate to take claritin, zyrtec or any OTC remedy because it makes my head feel hollow and neutralizes my taste buds.

Anyway, I don't want to treat it if it will go away naturally, but I will treat it if you think it could develop into something more serious.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 03:47 PM

19,865 posts, read 58,017,760 times
It could turn into a sinus infection requiring antibiotics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 PM

27,091 posts, read 6,946,050 times
Agree w/southernbelle...and from experience, in copious amts., cause cause nausea and vomiting. At least take OTC Sudafed to dry up nasal & sinus passages.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 PM

6,043 posts, read 13,470,032 times
It can cause a few things to happen... I'd go to the doc for some meds to dry you up. Personally in our experience (hubby and two kids that suffer from allergies and often get the snotty nose sinus thing) none of the OTC things work as well as what our doctor prescribes.

Watch out for fluid build-up in your ears. Hubby put off going to the doctor once, and then he went swimming. He took a dive off the diving board and the pressure from the fluid build-up plus the sudden change in pressure caused his eardrum to burst. Quite painful!! Plus it was a harder healing / meds process than if he were to have just gone to the doc and taken care of things before they had a chance to build-up and become worse.

Take care of yourself - hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 PM

504 posts, read 642,838 times
Consider trying a neti pot or nasal squeeze bottle after you do your yard work. Will clear out your sinus passages big time! I use one when I work in the yard or feel a sinus headache coming on. Works great. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness