U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 806 times

Advertisements

I am suffering always cramp in my hand. it happens only right hand only. anybody know what is reason of this? plz help me what i will do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 AM

5,284 posts, read 18,310,918 times
Whenever I drink anything that contains caffeine, my feet get cramps, especially at night....try no caffeine for a day or two and see if that helps....start with simple solutions.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 AM

19,865 posts, read 57,932,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roop_7 View Post
I am suffering always cramp in my hand. it happens only right hand only. anybody know what is reason of this? plz help me what i will do..
You may be over-using it. Do you make any motion like using a squeeze, spray bottle, etc.? Those are typical motions for bringing on hand spasms after too much use.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM

910 posts, read 1,956,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
What do suppose is causing that? I've heard not enough water, but I just drink when I'm thirsty (mostly soda and orange juice, some coffee and a couple glasses of water a day). On the arches of my feet sometimes but mostly my fingers and hand and then they lock, excruciating pain. Any one suffer from this and what do you do about it?
I highly recommend that you read the book "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, it will change the way you think about water. I used to be "proud" of "not needing" to drink much water but thank God I learned it was a huge mistake and began changing my ways several years ago. My mother never liked water either and ended up with cancer, there's no way all the toxins we get all the time plus the ones our own body produce during metabolic processes can get flushed out of the body when we are semi-dehydrated, and by the time we wait for thirst to tell us to drink we're already there. A doctor told me that it takes 3 days to rehydrate the cells so don't try to drink a whole lot at once!

Drinking sodas and coffee is really bad because of the chemicals and caffeine, and caffeine itself is a diuretic so it'll contribute to dehydration. The current "wisdom" is to drink half one's body weight in ounces of water, so let's say a man weighing 180 lbs. should drink 90 oz. of water, which equals roughly 11 8 oz. glasses of water per day. It sounds like a lot and I myself can't remember to drink all I should all the time but I at least start the day with a glass of water (not cold) and end it the same, it's supposed to help prevent heart attacks and strokes. Especially now that it's officially summer and we lose moisture even when we're not visibly perspiring we have to do our best to increase our water intake. And if you don't like taste of water it must be because you're drinking from the tap, which is really not a good thing for a number of reasons I won't go in here now. You could try installing even a cheap faucet filter in your kitchen and that would greatly improve the taste. Once you discipline yourself to drink more water gradually you will acquire a taste for it, and you'll even begin to observe additional benefits to drinking more so that in itself will help you to remember to drink more.

Hand and foot cramps can also be due to an electrolyte imbalance, which is why some have recommended Gatorade but it has artificial colorings and other bad stuff so, personally, I would stay away from it; supposedly there is a "natural" one called G2 but I don't really know what's in it yet. Since anyone in the SAD (Standard American Diet) is more likely to be low in magnesium, a mineral that is necessary for muscle and nerve relaxation, I would recommend using Epsom Salt baths or foot soaks. Another key mineral likely to be low is potassium, simply because of our high sodium intake, as sodium excess will push potassium out of the cells. Good sources of potassium are tomato juice, dried figs and most green vegetables. A lot of people recommend bananas and OJ but they're both high in sugar, and OJ is too acid so it's not good to consume it in high amounts for this purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness