U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:23 AM

339 posts, read 1,136,089 times

Advertisements

Every morning I wake up, especially at home where I have a small window unit A/C in the bedroom...I wake up feeling like absolute crap.

Like today, I am sneezing non-stop and I always wake up with both my nasal passages clogged with boogers And these are some vicious ones too...I'll blow my nose and there's blood coming out of my nose every morning.

On top of that, my eyes are burning when I first open them and get up. There's an eyelash that's in my eyes.

I also workout 3-4 times a week and when I wake up I just feel sore and out of alignment.

It's like I have to keep the A/C on at night because if I don't the sun will come out directly thru the living room window (and I live in a divided studio) and fry me while I'm sleeping.

Anyone else feel like this in the morning? I know people in Colorado always say how other places are disgustingly humid and it's perfectly dry here...but since I've lived here I've been having daily problems with nose blisters and boogers clogging my nose...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM

6,296 posts, read 19,542,063 times
Sounds like your apartment is too dry. Get a spray nose saline or start using a neti pot regularly. These will help. You can put moisture back in your air by boiling a pot of water on the stove.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 AM

15,747 posts, read 7,850,278 times
An allergy maybe? The sneezing, nasal discharge, eyes burning, not feeling good, etc.

Hope whatever it is, it goes away. Did you just move? Maybe its your body not being acclimated to the climate. I say that because I moved last January and got sick several times in the first few months... Fatigue, soreness, flu like symptoms.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,263,794 times
1) Do you have carpet? That could be a big problem. If so, shampoo it with hot water and vinegar.
2) Are your sheets clean? Wash in hot water a minimum of once per week. Get new pillows.
3) Is there any dust in your room? Dust it!
4) About the AC . . . don't know where you live or what the options are . . . change the filters for sure . . .if you can use a fan instead, great. Keep the windows open if you can.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 PM

339 posts, read 1,136,089 times
Yeah i have carpet but only been living here 8 months and it was cleaned after the last guests.

It was nice when I could open the windows but there's too many bugs flying around at the moment and been having problems with spiders also LOL.

I meant to invest in a humidifier but I ended up getting a vicks vapor steam that helped when I was sick but not for year-round use LOL.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM

13,253 posts, read 37,913,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
Yeah i have carpet but only been living here 8 months and it was cleaned after the last guests.

It was nice when I could open the windows but there's too many bugs flying around at the moment and been having problems with spiders also LOL.

I meant to invest in a humidifier but I ended up getting a vicks vapor steam that helped when I was sick but not for year-round use LOL.
If it's a -hot- steam vaporizer, one of those funky flying saucer-shaped buckets that you plug up with the core and the steam comes out of the core...

then it's perfect for humidifying the apartment. Instead of adding vick's vapor liquid, add 3 drops of orange, tangerine, or lemon essential oil to the bucket of water. Do *not* add scented oils, that will only clog up the core. Also do -not- put the essential oil in the little resevoir that you put the vapo-rub in, if your humidifier has a resevoir.

Definitely change the filter on your A/C unit too and take a vacuum hose to it. You could very well be blowing mold spores into your room.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 8,876,382 times
Agree with the others but I'd suspect dryness being the culprit. Also, I agree with the fan idea. I can't sleep without one on me.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:13 AM

191 posts, read 318,658 times
Okay after reading this i alot less worse about how i feel in the morning, i just usually hit my alarm clock because i want 20 more minutes of sleep , hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM

42,662 posts, read 76,490,559 times
Definitely dryness, which is the principal task of the AC. Sleep with your windows open, and in hot weather, invest in a ceiling fan. In summer, in most places, the humidity goes up to nearly 100% almost every night.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:41 PM

15,849 posts, read 31,234,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
Every morning I wake up, especially at home where I have a small window unit A/C in the bedroom...I wake up feeling like absolute crap.

Like today, I am sneezing non-stop and I always wake up with both my nasal passages clogged with boogers And these are some vicious ones too...I'll blow my nose and there's blood coming out of my nose every morning.

On top of that, my eyes are burning when I first open them and get up. There's an eyelash that's in my eyes.

I also workout 3-4 times a week and when I wake up I just feel sore and out of alignment.

It's like I have to keep the A/C on at night because if I don't the sun will come out directly thru the living room window (and I live in a divided studio) and fry me while I'm sleeping.

Anyone else feel like this in the morning? I know people in Colorado always say how other places are disgustingly humid and it's perfectly dry here...but since I've lived here I've been having daily problems with nose blisters and boogers clogging my nose...
When I lived in Colorado I felt much the same as you do. One of the reasons why I hated the place and couldnt' wait to leave.

Some of your problem may have to do with altitude. I never got adjusted to it and always felt bad, run down, tired, etc.

As for the nose nuggets. A humidifier will help, but you cant stay inside 24/7 and as soon as you go outside the dryness will get you.

Be sure to drink lots of water to try to keep your cells hydrated.

Or you could just move to Missouri where you have none of these problems (at least I don't)

20yrsinbranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness