U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM

829 posts, read 2,661,164 times

Advertisements

Long story short my wife has had this...Started as a sore throat that they labeled as strept...it got worse...finally she was admitted in the local hospital. No one could figure out what it was ....her neck began to swell, then her tounge. Finally they incabated her...After a couple days at the local hospital she was transported to johns hopkins where they were able to drain the neck area of the infection... They also drained some areas near her shoulders. Once at hopkins they were able to determine that this was ludwig angina. She stayed in the icu area for a while at hopkins and slowly started improving. They commented that it was on the worst cases they have ever seen. She is home now and is in recovery. She is getting iv antibiotic treatment. They said it could of been fatal, and she really did suffer...I thank the Lord He allowed her to recover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 07:21 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,982,807 times
Glad she is doing better! Never heard of it, learned something new.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,109 times
Hi, I'm 51 and after what I thought it was a slight infection in my mouth, went yesterday to the dentist to find out that I am about to develop this terrible condition, and lost 4 molars, and have to go back to eventually remove all my teeth, because the infection is in my blood stream and I have already gone to the hospital for heart issues a few months ago. Seems this infection was eating my bones in my jaws and the bacteria producing the perfect scenario for ludwick angina. I'm not sure if I am out of the woods yet, but I hope your wife recovers fully.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM

829 posts, read 2,661,164 times
She is doing well. Dont hesistate to send me a msg if you have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness