U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 AM

158 posts, read 529,750 times

Advertisements

I have never ordered medication online because I'm not sure how legitimate the websites are. Most of the pharmacies are from Canada or some other foreign country. Can anybody recommend a website that is safe and reliable for discount medications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,559,715 times
I've used Canadamedicineshop.com for several years. Used to be able to look up a product on their website to see the price, but, now, have to ask a real person.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 AM

3,743 posts, read 5,443,849 times
I've been using canadadrugs.com for a couple years and have saved a ton of money.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM

158 posts, read 529,750 times
Do you need to have a doctor's prescription to order pills from foreign websites? Do most doctors approve of their patients doing that? I've never had a prescription before so I'm not exactly clear about how the process works.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM

If they are legit, they do require a prescription. You can just fax it to them. I'm talking about Canadian pharmacies. I don't know how other countries handle it, but I'd be suspicious if they did not require and Rx.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM

367 posts, read 848,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
I have never ordered medication online because I'm not sure how legitimate the websites are. Most of the pharmacies are from Canada or some other foreign country. Can anybody recommend a website that is safe and reliable for discount medications?

I've been using PlanetDrugsDirect.com for several years to fill prescriptions for atorvastatin, generic Lipitor. Arrives in 10 to 14 days. My doc is fine with it and I've never had a problem. He writes a scrip for 90 with 3 refills and I'm good for a year. PDD even sends an email when it's time to reorder.
FWIW
YMMV

Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 AM

39,172 posts, read 48,141,239 times
My husband and I routinely order certain expensive drugs through a Canadian pharmacy. These drugs are not necessarily sent from Canada, but they come from any number of foreign countries. My doctor has no problem with this as long as the drugs are not from China or Mexico, and none are.
This arrangement has worked out great, since it is much cheaper.
My reason for posting however, is to say that THE NOOSE is tightening, and the US government, or the credit card companies, are making this increasingly difficult. The Canadian companies no longer accept credit cards for payment, they will only accept checks.
I am very concerned that it is a slippery slope until the US banks (most of them have relationships with credit card companies) start refusing to transact checks from these companies.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:23 AM

My Canadian pharmacy still accepts credit cards. It's canadadrugs.com.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:46 AM

39,172 posts, read 48,141,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
My Canadian pharmacy still accepts credit cards. It's canadadrugs.com.
Thanks for that info. I checked on that company and they only get their drugs from UK, CAN, Australia and New Zealand, and in most cases they accept credit cards. Getting drugs from these places would make me much more comfortable, however the two drugs I order are a lot more expensive than from NorthWestPharmacy. Not sure what route I will take.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:58 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,015,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
Do you need to have a doctor's prescription to order pills from foreign websites? Do most doctors approve of their patients doing that? I've never had a prescription before so I'm not exactly clear about how the process works.
No and no.

Most of the meds for USA, especially generics, are manufactured in India. I will buy from there online if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness