Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 PM

103 posts, read 208,854 times

Advertisements

1. As soon as you get up, go to the bathroom. Don't eat anything.
  2. Hang your head over the sink and turn the water[cold is okay] on.
  3. Cuff one hand and fill that hand with water then immediately suck the water into mouth.
  4. After most of the water is inside your mouth, in one swift move, you spit downwards. IMPORTANT: Step 3 and 4 should be done very fast and your mouth never closes. It's all about timing!
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 but no more than 2 times. If you do it more than 3 times it can irritate the nose and throat and make it worst. To get phlegm out of your nose, you have to breathe in air right before you spit out.
Please tell me what you think or if you have any questions or you disagree with this. This whole process should take 5-10 seconds. Bye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I use a netti pot, plain unsalted water up the nose hurts!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The water never reaches the nose. As soon as you suck the water in, it either falls out quicky or is spit out at the end.

I use the pot before too and it works but the stream of water going through leaves my nose hurting afterwards. I dunno.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post

The netti pot works! You MUST put salt in it or it burns like the dickins.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
sleep on your stomach. it might help to some degree.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I seriously believe that phlegm is down to diet. I will tell you why and it is because I have done a water fast and after about 4 or 5 days, your mouth becomes clear and you dont have that slimy mucousy feeling any more.

Before anyone runs off and does fasting, please read up about it because it can be dangerous.

The point I am making is that using medication or things like netti pots must tell you that something is fundementally wrong and you must be doing or eating the wrong things to have this much mucous.

Of course, if you like using netti pots, then that is another thing, but dont go thinking that this is a long term solution for your mucous - because it probably should not be.

Where I live, I often hear and see people coughing up their guts(figuratively speaking) in the morning and spitting all kinds of gunk into the toilet to clear their passages, but I believe it is all down to what they eat. White flour products, MSG, processed foods, dairy produce, etc etc. Also here, a certain amount may be due to pollution in the air too.

I also think it is a buildup of these things, eaten most days, rather than a one or two times a week.

So, generally, I would say diet is the culprit. Just my unprofessional opinion, of course.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 AM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I seriously believe that phlegm is down to diet. I will tell you why and it is because I have done a water fast and after about 4 or 5 days, your mouth becomes clear and you dont have that slimy mucousy feeling any more.

Before anyone runs off and does fasting, please read up about it because it can be dangerous.

The point I am making is that using medication or things like netti pots must tell you that something is fundementally wrong and you must be doing or eating the wrong things to have this much mucous.

Of course, if you like using netti pots, then that is another thing, but dont go thinking that this is a long term solution for your mucous - because it probably should not be.

Where I live, I often hear and see people coughing up their guts(figuratively speaking) in the morning and spitting all kinds of gunk into the toilet to clear their passages, but I believe it is all down to what they eat. White flour products, MSG, processed foods, dairy produce, etc etc. Also here, a certain amount may be due to pollution in the air too.

I also think it is a buildup of these things, eaten most days, rather than a one or two times a week.

So, generally, I would say diet is the culprit. Just my unprofessional opinion, of course.

I've heard dairy is the biggest culprit...But omg it's soo good.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Thanks eveyone for your opinions . Since everyone's built differently, I no there's no one solution that fits all. I just want to add that I don't care how stupid or unpractical ideas you have to getting phlegm out. Anything is welcome. I look forward to seeing your ideas.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Coors, why do I get the feeling you are using this thread to get ideas for a website. If so, you need to do your own research.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 9,840 times
Hello all ... Well i have had this problem for a while now ... most probably a year .. at first i felt like there was something stuck in the back of my throat ... went to the doc and he said it was pharyngitis and prescribed some meds for me and i gt better ... but always kinda coughed up rubbery phlegm or whatever that was... i gt better for a while then it happened again went to another doc he said i had a throat infection .. took meds and got better again... till a week ago when i felt something a the back of my throat again ... wen to a doc .. he said it was sinusitis !... took meds nothing better .. now i feel like there is a whole load of phlegm in my throat cant even sleep .. can someone help me out ?? i would be very grateful. .. P.S. i have this problem where i end up burping and the food which i ate tends to come back up again .. does that have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness