Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 7,147 times

Advertisements

I have a brother that is experiencing some kind of vibrations of his body. While his is a very long story, let me just say that he is homeless, living on the street most of the time, and has a really weird theory that the government is trying to harrass him. He has now decided that these vibrations are caused by "them" pointing some kind of ultrasonic device at him. He says when it starts, it always comes from behind him and his shoulders and neck get very tense. When he first told me about this, it was happening when he was either asleep or trying to go to sleep. Now it is happening during the day. I would never be able to get him to see a dr., but does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this? I have done some reading on the internet and people with arrythemia and some other heart problems have this vibrating going on during the times their hearts are not beating correctly. Both our mother and father died of heart disease. My brother is 55 years old, a recovering alcoholic (15 years sober) and former smoker (10+ years not smoking). Could it be a symptom of something more severe wrong with him? Of course, I know if he could get his paranoia under control this may go away, but I think pigs have a better chance of flying than him getting help! Thanks for your imput.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,964 times
it could be one of many things, but i dont think cardiac problems are high on the list (although with that strong family history and other risk factors, he is at high risk of heart disease too).

with his personally stressful circumstances, the peculiar symptoms, in combination with the paranoia, a mental health issue would be high on the list of possibilities, but there may be additional underlying issues.

i wish you luck with this difficult situation.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 AM

889 posts, read 2,712,513 times
I don't know the answer, but hopefully there will be a doctor or someone who has been through this on C-D who can point you in the right direction. You are kind to care about him. He is making good choices. My thoughts are with you.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 32,821 times
I also have been experiencing these strange vibrations in my body, I actually decided to look on the internet to see if there was any explanation recorded concerning this and to my surprise others are inquiring about the same thing! I have an arithmia as well as other medical issues. My M.D. didn't seem to think this was a big deal. I feel the vibrations in different areas of my body. I'm pretty sure we don't have too worry about the government! Thank goodness!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,097 times
sounds like a syptom of multiple slerosis

Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersmrs View Post
I have a brother that is experiencing some kind of vibrations of his body. While his is a very long story, let me just say that he is homeless, living on the street most of the time, and has a really weird theory that the government is trying to harrass him. He has now decided that these vibrations are caused by "them" pointing some kind of ultrasonic device at him. He says when it starts, it always comes from behind him and his shoulders and neck get very tense. When he first told me about this, it was happening when he was either asleep or trying to go to sleep. Now it is happening during the day. I would never be able to get him to see a dr., but does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this? I have done some reading on the internet and people with arrythemia and some other heart problems have this vibrating going on during the times their hearts are not beating correctly. Both our mother and father died of heart disease. My brother is 55 years old, a recovering alcoholic (15 years sober) and former smoker (10+ years not smoking). Could it be a symptom of something more severe wrong with him? Of course, I know if he could get his paranoia under control this may go away, but I think pigs have a better chance of flying than him getting help! Thanks for your imput.
You intimate that you do not believe what he is saying and think that there is something else going on.

The fact is that there is an INCREDIBLE amount of radio waves, micro waves and other types of EMFs zipping unseen through the air these days and perhaps your brother is highly sensitive to them. I know that a couple of days before a big storm, I will get "leg zingers" and lots of very strange, creepy, crawly pains in my body that I suspect are caused by either natural (or man-made) changes in the atmosphere. The fact of the matter is that the government IS doing a lot of experimentation with regard to subsonic radio waves and weather control. Chances are your brother is completely correct and that because he does not have the day-to-day distractions that the rest of us have, notices them more.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
branson, you're responding to someone who posted just once, in October 2010, and has never posted since.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
branson, you're responding to someone who posted just once, in October 2010, and has never posted since.
Well, I'm not the only one.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,528 times
my dad was complaining of vibration in his lower left belly area. they took a CAT scan and he has an aortic aneurism about 7.5 CM . but he also said that he could feel his heart pulsating. I have the vibration through out my body. I can feel it when I lay on my back. I have Fybromyalgia but was a little scared after my Dad described his symptoms.Don't really know what to think now since alot of people on the internet has the same sensation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness