U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 6,571 times

Advertisements

I noticed a bruise on the back of my leg on Saturday, after feeling a little tender back there. I was suprised to see a very dark bruise the size of a golf ball. Its just slightly tender, and a little firm at the site.
I checked for a bite or scratch but theres nothing there.
Its Tuesday and the bruise is the size of a lemon and deep purple and the inside is blood red. I didnt hurt myself and I dont recall bumping into anything, kinda an odd site to get it, just a few inches below my right buttock. Any ideas? Should i wait a few days before running to the Docs?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM

5,546 posts, read 8,862,485 times
I would wait. In the meantime I'd be popping some Vitamin C. Those deficient in it tend to bruise easier. Just because you don't remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe you sat on a chair the wrong way and put more weight on one side than the other. I used to get bruises in strange places all the time and never worried about it and they went away.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,450,081 times
I often have bruises and don't know how I got them, too. Just below the buttock sounds like mistygrl said, that you might have sat down wrong. A lemon sized bruise is pretty big, but if it were me, I'd wait and see before going to a doctor.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

7,769 posts, read 14,750,586 times
This happens to me all the time. Usually it's because I bumped into something a few days prior and just can't recall what exactly happened. I know for me, it doesn't take much for me to bruise. I'd wait it out a week or two and see how it goes.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:27 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,969,760 times
Arnica is a great healing herb, especially for sore muscles and bruising. Applied after hurting yourself, keeps the pain and bruising down to a minimum.

Fell over a log the other day, and had bruising and swelling the size of two grapefruits. Applied arnica immediately, and it never hurt. Actually didn't even feel it until about day three because I'd quit with the arnica a day before. The huge bruising actually pretty much disappeared. If I hadn't of used it, it would have been black and blue for along time, then on to the other lovely colours.

It comes in cream or gel form, should be able to pick it up in the drug stores? health food stores for sure.

Arnica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness