U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM

665 posts, read 1,564,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Lack of exercise, plain and simple. And no, there is no such thing as "junk food" or "fast food". Food is food. Period. I eat McDonalds or Burger King at least 3 to 4 times a week, been eating like that since I was a kid, and I am thin as a rail and my doctor says I am an excellent health when I got a full medical physical last year.

Here's the caveat: I've always lived near mass transit, forcing me to walk every day to get/to from school/work. That's like 2 miles walking every day.

Bottom line: sedentary lifestyle is what is getting America fat. And it has nothing to do with the foods we eat.
"Thin as a rail" does NOT mean that you are healthy.

Just wait, you will see what I mean.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM

49 posts, read 155,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Easy. Logic and common sense.

The same exact vitamins and nutrients found in a Big Mac are the same exact vitamins and nutrients found in "organic" ground beef or whatever ridiculously overpriced piece of ground meat you buy at your local Whole Foods. A Whooper or a Big Mac, after all, also has vegetables, dairy, and grains. And there is no difference whatsoever between the lettuce and tomatoes you find in a Burger King whopper to the "organic" lettuce and tomatoes you find at a farmer's market.

Put it this way: If all "junk food" and McDonalds were to magically disappear tomorrow in America, the same fat people would continue to be fat. Because their sedentary lifetstyles would not change, just the food they choose to gourge in (instead of Big Macs, they will stuff their faces with "natural, organic" food). And of course, all these "nutrition experts" and health nuts would then say that it was all the fault of fresh fruit and vegetables that is making America fat, and will then promote a strictly water and rice-based diet as the miracle cure to get Americans skinny again.

This is nothing but pure ignorance on your part. Please, at least do a minimal amount of research in regards to "organic" foods before posting on the topic.

To put it very simply....the meat used in processed fast food vs organic is VERY different. The animals used in processed fast food come from factory farming where the animals are fed a pure grain diet, pumped with chemicals, and stand around in their own feces.
Organic meat, like beef, that is raised on an all grass-fed diet have a MUCH better omega 6 to omega 3 ratio and ARE much healthier for you.

I'm not going to spell it all out for you (educate yourself), because that simple fact there proves your statement false.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:08 PM

7,771 posts, read 17,233,827 times
TreasuredJewel wrote:
Who wants to live to 60 and have all types of health problems.
Me, but without the health problems that you assume. At age 62, I'm still running circles around 90% of the people half my age, and I have no serious health problems. If you practice healthy living, chances are that you too will be in the same boat when you reach the big 6 oh!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,535,779 times
If you don't have a medical condition then its YOUR fault then you got fat and sick.

It does not take to be a rocket scientist to eat healthy, how much you eat, workout and cardio, etc.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 PM

57,927 posts, read 76,920,717 times
they eat and avoid exercise for logical reasons.
they eat to keep working. they avoid exercise to avoid getting tired.
what forces them to do this.???
the wolf at the door.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...mage003-1-.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness