U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM

5,546 posts, read 8,868,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You can't be serious. Tobasco and greasy burrito's for somebody that is already sick to their stomach?
No, nice tall vanilla milkshake or what Drummerboy suggested.
I kid you not. The grease soaks up the booze and a person needs that nourishment (not the grease, but what goes along with the grease).

And I did not say Tabasco. I said carne asada (which is marinated steak).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 AM

5,546 posts, read 8,868,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Should I tell you all that I've never had a hangover? Even the times that I mixed multiple drinks (one night: fuzzy navel, white Russian, Cape Cod, beer, sex on the beach, kamikaze, and cherries in grain alcohol) or drank a bottle of champagne by myself.

However, I am one who needs to drink water or some other non-alcoholic drink in between alcoholic drinks, and I also nibble throughout.
Ah, yes, eating while you're drinking. How could I forget that?

I'd still never recommend mixing alcohols though. I mixed wine with beer once and woke up with the most splitting headache ever. I just think that to mix anything is asking for big trouble. Also, when younger and when I did drink the hard stuff, the hangovers lasted until 5 p.m. If you stick to the lighter stuff, they are gone by no later that noon. Plus, the hard liquors really are harder on your liver and will kill you faster. At least with red wine, in moderation, there are some health benefits. I do believe red wine is the only form of alcohol for which there is any benefit at all - and I do believe this is because it contains resevreotal (ok, I knew I was going to horribly misspell that).

Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 AM

6,696 posts, read 7,088,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Ah, yes, eating while you're drinking. How could I forget that?

I'd still never recommend mixing alcohols though. I mixed wine with beer once and woke up with the most splitting headache ever. I just think that to mix anything is asking for big trouble. Also, when younger and when I did drink the hard stuff, the hangovers lasted until 5 p.m. If you stick to the lighter stuff, they are gone by no later that noon. Plus, the hard liquors really are harder on your liver and will kill you faster. At least with red wine, in moderation, there are some health benefits. I do believe red wine is the only form of alcohol for which there is any benefit at all - and I do believe this is because it contains resevreotal (ok, I knew I was going to horribly misspell that).
LOL! Nice spelling of resveratrol! Firefox doesn't recognize it anyway, even if you spell it right, no worries.

Nowadays, I rarely drink. I'll have the occasional margarita (living in Tucson, it's practically mandatory!) or glass of wine, and the obligatory New Year's toast, but that's usually about it.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 PM

13,051 posts, read 16,119,396 times
for every glass of booze you have....also have a glass of water...a hangover stems from dehydration...just like johna01374 said.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 PM

15,245 posts, read 21,770,015 times
Tylenol before bed and I tend to drink Milk. It calms my stomach down.

OR

I throw up and be done with it

But YES hangovers SUCK!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:59 PM

18,847 posts, read 32,779,514 times
Before you go to bed, eat carbs. Drink lots of water.

The older you get, the harder it is to "bounce" back.

Just drink less. It is not worth the pain.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:06 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,541,398 times
I very rarely drink enough to get a hangover. Just not a fan of feeling like crap.

Having read the other responses here my treatment for hangovers is much less holistic. I take 4 aspirin with a big glass of water then follow that with a shot and a beer. It's usually enough to help me fall asleep again and I feel better by the time I wake up.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM

8,308 posts, read 35,242,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You can't be serious. Tobasco and greasy burrito's for somebody that is already sick to their stomach?
No, nice tall vanilla milkshake or what Drummerboy suggested.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 AM

10,234 posts, read 14,366,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
How does one get rid of the nauseating feeling that just wants to make u vomit and wretch!!! ugh, My head is pounding, my back and legs hurt for some reason. I feel like I was hit by a bus.

I'm not a frequent drinker, so when I do "throw a few back" I'm literally physically in pain the next day, it is awful!!!!

I can't help you with remedies, but this sure took me back to my drunkest spree long ago when I suffered a hangover like this for three days. But I had more than a few drinks. I smoked at the time, couldn't even smell it during those three days.

I never got that drunk since.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,696,874 times
greasy foods (like bacon and eggs made at home) seem to help with the nausea, advil for the aches and pains, and make sure to drink plenty of water after youre done "throwin em back", thats always helped my freinds with thier hangovers, me, im lucky, i dont get em at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness