U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:18 PM

15,917 posts, read 12,707,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
I got mine on a saturday and felt like crap through tuesday. Body aches, runny nose. Wednesday I felt better. So it took about 5 days. I also had a lot of soreness in the arm where the injection was.
The new Sanofi shot: Fluzone Intradermal vaccine for adults 18 through 64 years should minimize the muscle soreness. Here is a link: https://www.vaccineshoppe.com/static/FluID2/fluid-video-desktop.html?utm_medium=search&utm_source=google&u tm_campaign=fluzonehcp&grp=id&utm_term=fluzone%20i ntradermal%20vaccine&utm_content=fluzonehcp&WT.mc_ id=fluzonehcp&WT.srch=53
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:32 PM

32,446 posts, read 13,431,416 times
I got mine a week ago and no problems. I never have symptoms after the flu shot!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 PM

12,478 posts, read 15,440,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
I got mine on a saturday and felt like crap through tuesday. Body aches, runny nose. Wednesday I felt better. So it took about 5 days. I also had a lot of soreness in the arm where the injection was.
isn't that about how long one feels crappy if they have the flu???

Man,oh man...............I am so leaning toward another year of NO flu shot.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:28 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,913,059 times
No, being crappy with the flu lasts about 2 weeks. And crappy doesn't begin to describe it - having to get better before you can die comes close.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM

12,478 posts, read 15,440,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
No, being crappy with the flu lasts about 2 weeks. And crappy doesn't begin to describe it - having to get better before you can die comes close.
yikes!!! That is bad.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 PM

17,662 posts, read 17,716,369 times
Last time I ever got a flu shot was in the Military. Was on a friday just after lunch.....early liberty after the shots.....everyone was excited. Got that d*mn shot and was real sick all weekend....last flu-scam-shot I will ever get.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM

12,120 posts, read 29,317,495 times
Default why is it that

during the rare times that I have the flu (1994 1993 and 1983 were the last times) I never have vomiting like someone else just posted. It is purely respiratory with a fever and slight nausea or poor appetite. my boss however has days of vomiting when he gets the flu. i feel so bad for him because the thought of it gives me the creeps

a few years ago i vomited a clear liquid and had a temp of 99.9 which eventually came down

every few years between Christmas and New Years i get a headache, nausea, bodyache and low grade fever. i usually call in to work sick the night before and by about 9AM next day or so it's gone

what accounts for this? something in my immune system that prevents a stomach bug? i often eat a lot of plain yogurt, could that do it? i tend to take supps like vitamin C and garlic, could it be that?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 AM

12,671 posts, read 21,511,640 times
I get free flu shots anyway.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 AM

8,874 posts, read 14,047,504 times
I've always worked for companies that gave flu shots for free and basically demanded that employees get them every October. Never had even the teeniest problem. Until 1997, the year I was between jobs and didn't get a shot. I got the flu -- first time in my life -- in January of '98. Sickest I have ever felt and it lasted more than a week. I NEVER want to feel like that again, so I get the annual shot even if I have to pay for it myself.

If you are one of the people who refuse to get the shots then please stay away from children and elderly people. The flu could be fatal for them, as well as any adult who has bad lungs or a compromised immune system. I hear a lot about how terrible and unnecessary flu shots are -- but I have never heard that song and dance from a licensed medical doctor or anyone who worked in public health.

Get a flu shot, people. If not for yourself or your family, then for your community.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,449,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
isn't that about how long one feels crappy if they have the flu???

Man,oh man...............I am so leaning toward another year of NO flu shot.

no it's not. Those aches are nothing compared to the real flu. There are some people who still remember what the real flu felt like not the flu like symptoms of aches that people get today. Yeah for some it's aches and pains and some soreness where the shot was given which I attribute to the person giving the shot. That's why I like to ask for someone I know and go to my Doctor where I get the shot from the Nurse who I know isn't going to hurt me. Anyone who's ever gotten the real flu knows what I mean. If you never got the flu then you should be ok not to get the flu shot but if you get the real and I mean the real flu you'd not worry about a few aches for a few days. I envy anyone who had the flu and didn't vomit almost literally non stop like I did. Jesus it was horrible even when I had nothing left to come up my body found more but it wasn't food, ewww, Ok enough I won't get too graphical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness