U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 PM

12,478 posts, read 15,466,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
no it's not. Those aches are nothing compared to the real flu. There are some people who still remember what the real flu felt like not the flu like symptoms of aches that people get today. Yeah for some it's aches and pains and some soreness where the shot was given which I attribute to the person giving the shot. That's why I like to ask for someone I know and go to my Doctor where I get the shot from the Nurse who I know isn't going to hurt me. Anyone who's ever gotten the real flu knows what I mean. If you never got the flu then you should be ok not to get the flu shot but if you get the real and I mean the real flu you'd not worry about a few aches for a few days. I envy anyone who had the flu and didn't vomit almost literally non stop like I did. Jesus it was horrible even when I had nothing left to come up my body found more but it wasn't food, ewww, Ok enough I won't get too graphical.

I understand and sympathize with those who have suffered. I've taken care of family and friends who were quite ill with the flu but never contracted it myself. I think I have a real kick-azz immune system and really don't want to get it off kilter by injecting something into it.
Should my luck run out and I get the flu & live through it I'm sure I would be more convinced the following year that the time has come to follow suit and get the shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,532,951 times
We there be a parmanent cure for flu and cold?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,647,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
We there be a parmanent cure for flu and cold?
No, there can't be...
The virus that causes "flu" changes and alters as it passes through hundreds of thousands of human hosts. It 'learns' how not to kill its victims, and 'learns' how to replicate itself in birds, in animals, in humans, to be the most efficient and most spreadable. The more efficiently it spreads, the more it replicates, and the least damage it does to its host, the more prevalent it becomes. In other words, if you don't die, then it doesn't, and continues on...

Colds are just the body's reactions to irritants; rhinoviruses the most prevalent, but they are milder forms of viruses than flu viruses. They rarely cause fevers or muscle aches. Your immune system usually
throws them off by inflaming your throat and sinuses, forcing the virus out. Fevers are the body's serious kick-in system to battle the heavy-duty viruses like flu. But the cold viruses, like the flu viruses, are always changing to suit their hosts and to travel more easily between them. So if there ever was a "cure" for the common cold or the flu virus - next year it would just change enough to reinfect hosts. Hence the swine flu, the bird flu, etc. Science simply can't move fast enough to quash those ever-changing viruses!

Old 11-05-2015, 03:57 PM

2,897 posts, read 1,248,058 times
In my view, if you are concerned for your health, see a doctor about it as soon as you can.
3 days is the longest you could feel out of sorts. Anything past that is not good.

I notice here that many people do not see a doctor when they have a complaint. Is it because you have to pay out of your pocket to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness