Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:27 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You're able to go to the dr...not having insurance doesn't mean you can't see a dr. I'll never understand this logic...people would rather die of cancer/disease before taking money of their pocket to see dr.
Have you tried to make an appointment without insurance?

You can go to the ER but unless it's a women's health ER, they don't have gynecologists and aren't much help. So you'll get a bill for more than a thousand dollars but won't get the diagnosis or treatment you need.

Probably her best bet is Planned Parenthood, if they haven't been shut down where she lives. Otherwise, a sliding scale clinic or county clinic. But regular doctors usually won't even let you make an appointment without insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 06:02 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Have you tried to make an appointment without insurance?

You can go to the ER but unless it's a women's health ER, they don't have gynecologists and aren't much help. So you'll get a bill for more than a thousand dollars but won't get the diagnosis or treatment you need.

Probably her best bet is Planned Parenthood, if they haven't been shut down where she lives. Otherwise, a sliding scale clinic or county clinic. But regular doctors usually won't even let you make an appointment without insurance.
Personally, no. But I work in healthcare and know it can be done. Doctors still take cash, checks and credit cards. Insurance is NOT a requirement

Old 01-13-2018, 06:05 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
Do you have insurance and a potentially chronic/serious medical problem that needs to be treated? Just curious.
Of course I have insurance; I wouldn't be without it.

No, I don't have a chronic or serious medical condition and if I did..I'd make sure I'd see a doctor about it.

The person I'm responding to is saying she can't see doctor because she doesn't have insurance..well, that's not true. You do not need insurance to see a doctor.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 481 times
I am experiencing this now . I'm Beth from Philippines. 32 years old with IUD inserted. After 7 months of insertion , my periods didnt stop . but its not heavy periods. sometimes spotting, one day disappear but next day went back. What should I do. I am taking Hemostan for a week but still nothing changes.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 345 times
Yes I’ve been on my period for two months now! When I was young it used to last for about five to six months and they put me on birth control to regulate it! Now I’m off and the count down begins lol I’ve been to the ER and received two ultrasounds and everything’s normal they just recommended birth control again 

Old 10-05-2019, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 272 times
Any luck figuring this out? This is what's happening with me. 33 yo, IUD a year ago, had my period like you mentioned for past 5-6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyGrace28 View Post
I am experiencing this now . I'm Beth from Philippines. 32 years old with IUD inserted. After 7 months of insertion , my periods didnt stop . but its not heavy periods. sometimes spotting, one day disappear but next day went back. What should I do. I am taking Hemostan for a week but still nothing changes.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumonsoon View Post
Any luck figuring this out? This is what's happening with me. 33 yo, IUD a year ago, had my period like you mentioned for past 5-6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyGrace28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyricslovely View Post
Yes I’ve been on my period for two months now! When I was young it used to last for about five to six months and they put me on birth control to regulate it! Now I’m off and the count down begins lol I’ve been to the ER and received two ultrasounds and everything’s normal they just recommended birth control again 
Ladies! How about going BACK to the doctors who put you on BC/IUD and talk to them? Why do you think that because something unexpected (to you) means you can't go back to the same doctor? Maybe it means you need to do something different - there are many kinds of BC and many kinds of IUDs - it's not always try one thing and it is perfect.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:23 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,644,424 times
So you think asking strangers on a forum is the right solution to your problem?

You might have more than constant bleeding to worry about.

How about going to see your doctor?

Again!

Radical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness