U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM

38,690 posts, read 91,116,682 times

Advertisements

Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM

183 posts, read 283,572 times
jacel0, don't take this the wrong way but you lost me early on when you brought up astrology, for petes sake! It could very well be that the Aspartame has had a detrimental effect on your health, but you seem to be so wrapped up in the idea that this particular substance is the be all and end all of health for anybody and everybody that I don't think you can see the forest for the trees.

This is just my opinion but this has taken over your life to the extent that it is also a mental health issue at this point. I would urge you to explore this with a therapist if possible.

Best wishes, no offense intented.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 AM

34 posts, read 47,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redford dude View Post
jacel0, don't take this the wrong way but you lost me early on when you brought up astrology, for petes sake! It could very well be that the Aspartame has had a detrimental effect on your health, but you seem to be so wrapped up in the idea that this particular substance is the be all and end all of health for anybody and everybody that I don't think you can see the forest for the trees.

This is just my opinion but this has taken over your life to the extent that it is also a mental health issue at this point. I would urge you to explore this with a therapist if possible.

Best wishes, no offense intented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't ever remember using the word astrology; I do believe in the signs of the zodica though; There's is a lot of truth to the personalities of the time you were born; Everyone has thier own sign and personality as to the time of year they were born;
But that doesn't have anything to do with the best poison ever invented by man;
IT IS VERY BAD, AND NO ONE SHOULD EAT THE STUFF;

Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 AM

38,690 posts, read 91,116,682 times
Reading this thread hurts more than aspertame possibly could.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,654,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I don't care what snopes says--I had seizures for over 10 years b/c of that stuff. Haven't had one since I stopped consuming the poison. Every now and again I come across someone who describes having those same weird seizures (which I had diagnosed by a neurologist) and I ask about aspartame and sure enough, they are diet soda addicts or something. Aspartame is not a nutrient and it's not needed in the diet and if anyone is having problems they should stop consuming the stuff and see what happens.
I also had seizures when I consumed a large amt of aspartame in diet sodas and I also knew someone at work who had a seizure and she drank more than I did. At that time I also had a drop in blood pressure to 70/50 which caused me a lot of problems.

I cut back a LOT and have had no further problems.

Does it mean that everyone who has seizures has a reaction to aspartame 'No' but it is definitely something to consider.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 AM

13,253 posts, read 37,888,439 times
Once, I had a diet soda with aspartame, because they were out of regular and I was thirsty. That same day, I slid on a napkin someone dropped, and fell, and got a huge bump on my knee. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM

15,688 posts, read 32,457,826 times
My husband used to drink diet soda with aspartame and he had migraines EVERY TIME. It was only when he drank the aspartame. He quit drinking them and guess what - hasn't had a single migraine since. I think it's criminal they allow this poison on the market. I never use any artificial sweetener - I just limit my sweets, and if I do have any, it's the real deal.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM

19,865 posts, read 57,982,807 times
closed for mod review

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness